Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation is seeking 3 Managers for the Analysis & Response team to join the Global Information Security and Privacy organization in Herndon, VA. These positions will report to the Associate Director, Analysis & Response and be responsible for establishing and maintaining a team to conduct security event analysis, incident response and remediation to secure Sony’s information assets, services, and the products that depend on them, as a key part of the of the Global Security Incident Response Team (GSIRT). We are looking for Managers for the weekday morning, weekday afternoon/evening, and weekend shifts.
Please apply online at one or more of the following:
Weekend Manager: https://careers.sony.com/sony/?offerid=1913
Weekday Manager: https://careers.sony.com/sony/?offerid=1916
Weekday Sr. Manager: https://careers.sony.com/sony/?offerid=1918
Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth.
Sony Corporation is seeking a Manager, Analysis & Response to join the Global Information Security and Privacy organization in Herndon, VA. This position will report to the Associate Director, Analysis & Response and be responsible for establishing and maintaining a team to conduct security event analysis, incident response and remediation to secure Sony’s information assets, services, and the products that depend on them, as a key part of the of the Global Security Incident Response Team (GSIRT).
Bachelors in Information Technology, Engineering, Cybersecurity or related field
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Information Technology with 3 years’ experience in Information Security.
Direct experience in Security Operations Center work, Network Event Analysis, Threat Analysis, and/or Intelligence Analysis is required.
Minimum of 1 year of experience in management or leadership of technical teams.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Knowledge/experience with IDS/IPS, firewalls, SIEM or other security platforms in large enterprise environments is required.
Demonstrates verbal and oral ability to translate complex technical problems to a non-technical audience.
Ability to engage with business stakeholders translating detailed analysis into relevant briefings.
Demonstrates mastery of the incident response lifecycle and analysis techniques.
Ability to work and communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of executives.
Exceptional communication and advocacy skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to express complex and technical issues as understandable language.
Ability to manage multiple activities and events simultaneously, with a strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks and respond to high-priority events; organizing and scheduling work effectively.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
- Manage and continue to build a team to conduct security incident detection and response activities during the US weekday shift.
- Ensure continuity and quality of service in coordination with other regional GSIRT SOC teams.
- Develop and maintain up to date analysis and response processes and procedures.
- Build relationships with Sony Group Company security teams to organize more efficient detection and incident response activities.
- Provide executive briefings on a variety of topics from incidents to technology capability briefings.
- Work closely with other technical, forensic, and incident management personnel within GSIRT located around the globe.
- Establish measurable performance goals to gauge quality of service and improvements over time.
- Direct incident response activities on major incidents.
- Develop and present meaningful metrics on SOC investigation and tooling over time.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews of SOC investigations and analysts’ adherence to procedures.
- Mentor staff and develop career growth program for analysts.
- Ability to work hours required for the appropriate shifts.