As the world around us becomes more connected and more digital, there are increased opportunities for fraud and disruption due to cybersecurity attacks. The need for companies, products, and services to be secure is more important than ever in this constantly changing landscape.
Are you passionate about keeping good people safe from bad actors? We are too! We are HP Cybersecurity and we are tasked with the security of the HP enterprise. As HP continues our digital transformation, the work of the cybersecurity professional is never complete and is always interesting. Come be a part of making a difference with us!
What a Cybersecurity Analyst - Detection & Response does at HP:
- Identifies areas of risk at HP and provides input on remediation and mitigation.
- Uses knowledge of HP environment to scope the extent and impact of any vulnerability, attack or breach.
- Resolves HP security issues related to security vulnerabilities, incidents and threats through independent analysis and/or research.
- Supports incident escalation and assesses probable damages, identifies damage control and remediation, and assists in developing courses of action.
- Identifies HP security system vulnerabilities, attacks, and threats, runs analyses on security incidents and threats, and researches appropriate countermeasures.
- Develops, enhances and maintains HP’s security solutions based on HP security system analysis, research and incident resolution.
- Monitor open source feeds and reporting on the latest threats against computer network defenses
Individuals who thrive in this role at HP, typically have:
- 6+ years of relevant experience including security operations, incident response or threat hunting
- In-depth Cyber and IT security knowledge and understanding of Cyber and IT security risks, threats and prevention measures.
- Understanding of core networking concepts (TCP/IP, etc.) and common protocols (HTTP, FTP, etc.)
- Understanding of digital forensics, including one or more of the following a strong plus:
- File system, Registry, etc. artifacts commonly associated with malware or malicious activities.
- Cloud Forensics
- Memory analysis
- Malware reverse engineering
- A mindset of continuous growth, curiosity, and asking WHY?
- Preferred: Technical Cyber Security Certification through one of the recognized bodies – e.g. SANS, ISACA, (ICS)2, CompTIA, Cisco, CERT.
About the team:
Our Detection & Response Analysts are part of our Threat Detection & Response team, enabling optimal communication and collaboration with closely related functions. Our mission is simple to express – find and stop the Bad Guys! – but challenging to execute. You can become a key part in ensuring our success!
As a Detection & Response Analyst, you will also have the opportunity to interface with other Cybersecurity functions using your knowledge to respond to protect HP from attacks.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided