The Network Technician performs a variety of network management functions related to the operation, maintenance, performance, monitoring and reporting of communications networks in various network equipment and Cross Domain Solution implementations. REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS: Security+, Preferred CCNA, Network+ or CISSP.
This person will have knowledge of NIPRNET, SIPRNET, Coalition Enclave Networks, Cross Domain Solutions, as well as DMZ constructs categorized at up to Mission Assurance Category (MAC) 1 levels. This person is able to analyze/troubleshoot network issues, isolate source of problems, and provide recommend solutions. Coordinates network policy, procedures, ordering and implementation of network services. This person is able to provide acceptable and responsive services to include customer services configuration, fault isolation, quality control testing, trend analysis, performance monitoring, status reporting, ticket management, and other actions required by policies, responsibilities and operational procedures contained in DISA policies.
PREFERRED EQUIPMENT/SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE: Juniper Routers, Cisco Routers (switches/firewalls/VoIP and load balancers), Brocade switches, F5, Bluecoat, Bluecat, Ironmail, Ironport, McAfee firewall/anti-Virus, Spectrum, Web Services, Jabber, WSUS, HBSS and Google Appliances.
- ¥ Incorporation into the network of all new connections, equipment, and services as required.
- ¥ Coordination of all phases of documentation, ordering, and implementing network services.
- ¥ Troubleshoot network issues, perform hardware replacement, upgrades and restoration to ensure customer service continuity.
- ¥ Operate and maintain adequate network security (firewalls, authentication systems, cryptography to network services).
- ¥ Perform network administration tasks including maintaining system data base files, upgrading software and hardware components, and maintaining configuration backups.
- ¥ Perform site touch labor on local communications assets that are managed by other organizations and or agencies.
- ¥ Position requires working shifts