The Security Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining security systems and processes to protect our organization's networks, systems, and data. This person works closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that our systems are secure and compliant with industry standards and regulations. The Security Engineer identifies and mitigates security risks and vulnerabilities. The ideal candidate will have a passion for growing their skills, tackling interesting work, and solving complex problems.
- Design, implement, and maintain security systems and processes to protect our organization's networks, systems, and data.
- Ensure that our systems are secure and compliant with industry standards and regulations.
- Identify and mitigate security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Conduct security assessments and audits to ensure that our systems are secure and compliant.
- Develop and maintain security policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Monitor and analyze security logs and events to identify potential security threats.
- Manage and configure security tools such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and vulnerability scanners.
- Respond to security incidents and conduct post-incident analysis to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop and deliver security training and awareness programs for employees.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security threats, trends, and technologies.
- 5+ years of experience in a security engineering role.
- Strong knowledge of security principles and best practices.
- Experience with security tools such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and vulnerability scanners.
- Experience with cloud security and compliance, especially in AWS.
- Experience with security incident response and analysis.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CISA.
- Experience with security automation and scripting using tools such as Python or Bash.
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, or Docker.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided