- The Information We Collect
- How We Use Gathered Information
- Access and Correction
- Disclosure of Customer Information Through Business Transfers
- Our Commitment to Children's Policy
- Do Not Track
- External Links
- Consent and Jurisdiction
- Special Notice to California Residents
The Information We Collect
There are two kinds of information that websites can obtain about you:
(1) Anonymous Information: “Anonymous Information” is aggregate data that websites use to administer their sites. It may include such information as your browser type or your Internet Protocol (IP) address. HireIQ may, from time to time, retain third parties to help us collect and aggregate Site customer information.
IP Addresses. An IP address is unique string of numbers that is assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site, avoid hacking attacks on the Site's server, and may use it to gather broad demographic information. HireIQ does not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information, even if such information is voluntarily provided by a user.
(2) Personally Identifiable Information: “Personally Identifiable Information” is any information that personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or your telephone number. Sometimes this personal information is needed to customize the content that you see or when you obtain services from HireIQ, use this Site, or contact us. We may ask you to provide us with personal information on a voluntary basis in certain areas of our Site. In particular, you may be asked to provide the following information:
User Accounts. To access and use certain services offered through the Site, we request that you create an account and profile by providing personal information and creating a username and password. We will use this information to maintain your account. We may also use this information to send you announcements of new features available on the Site, special offers, and promotional materials that we think may be of interest to you. You may elect not to receive such information by opting out as described below.
Email Correspondence. Scattered throughout the Site are links or forms that can be used to contact HireIQ so you can comment, make a complaint, make suggestions and ask questions. Your email address is required on this form so we can answer your questions, and we want your name, too, so we can address our answer in a mannerly way. HireIQ may put information from email on file, but does not currently share, sell, license or transmit this information with third parties without express authorization from you.
How We Use Gathered Information
The information you share with us may be used in a few ways:
(1) Anonymous Information: Anonymous Information is used internally for Site administration, troubleshooting and to help improve the quality of the web pages. We may share such aggregated, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics, with existing and prospective business partners and advertisers. We never connect aggregate information with Personally Identifiable Information, and none of the aggregate information we share will contain any information that identifies you individually.
(2) Personally Identifiable Information: Personally Identifiable Information collected by HireIQ may be used for a variety of purposes, including providing services to you, administration of the Site, and communications with you. In all cases, however, we will only use your information as permitted by law. We also may disclose Personally Identifiable Information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law or with legal process; (b) protect and defend our rights and property; (c) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site; or (d) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public. Please note that we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
HireIQ does not share, sell, rent, or trade Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for their promotional purposes except as described in this Policy.
We support the right of our visitors to choose. If you decide that you do not wish to receive e-mails from HireIQ, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you no longer want to receive information relating to this Site.
Access and Correction
You have a right to know about the personal information that HireIQ holds about you, including the right to correct, amend or delete the information that HireIQ has on file if it is incorrect. If you wish to exercise these rights please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
This Site incorporates appropriate safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information we have collected. We have put in place reasonable precautions to protect information from loss, misuse and alteration, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and database encryption. While on a secure page, the lock icon of Web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked, or open, when you are just “surfing.” While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we use reasonable efforts to protect user information offline. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as required and only authorized individuals have access to the information you provide.
Security of information communicated by or to us over the Internet is of utmost concern to us; unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that your email, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use email to communicate information to us that you consider confidential. While we strive to protect your personal information, HireIQ cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through our Site, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our internal systems. Depending on the nature of the inquiry, your communication may be discarded or archived. If you wish, you may contact us instead via telephone at the numbers provided throughout our Site.
Disclosures of Customer Information Through Business Transfers
As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, and in so doing, acquire customer information. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets. Similarly, in the unlikely event that a portion or substantially all of HireIQ's assets are sold or transferred to a third party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets.
Our Commitment to Children's Policy
Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. The Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA") defines a "Child" as anyone under the age of 13. HireIQ strictly adheres to COPPA. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information obtained through our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have a "do not track" feature that lets you indicate that you do not wish to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so we do not currently respond to such features or signals. Therefore, if you select or turn on a "do not track" feature in your web browser or block or delete tracking cookies, we and our third-party providers may continue collecting information about your online activities.
Consent and Jurisdiction
This Site is controlled, operated and administered entirely within the United States. By using this Site, you signify your agreement to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not disclose any personal information through this Site. This Policy and the use of this Site are governed by the laws of the State of Virginia, without regards to its conflicts of law provisions. Any claim related to the Site or this Policy shall be brought in a federal or state court in Fairfax County, Virginia, within one year after the claim arises. Users of the Site consent to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts as the most convenient and appropriate for the resolution of disputes concerning this Policy. This Policy and the notices outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any third party.
Special Notice to California Residents
If you are a California resident and request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with a preference on how our response to your request should be sent.
HireIQ may modify this Policy at any time, at its discretion, and modifications are effective upon being posted on this Site. If we decide to change this Policy, we will post those changes on the home page of the Site and any other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. You are responsible for reviewing this Policy periodically to ensure that you are aware of any changes to it. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by means of a notice on our Site's home page.
Account Revisions, Revoking and Deleting Personal Information
We welcome your questions, comments, and all feedback pertaining to your privacy or any other issue with regard to this Site. You may contact us at:
1765 Greensboro Station Pl.
Tysons Corner Va 22102
NinjaJobs is a community-run job platform developed by information security professionals. Our unique approach of focusing strictly on cybersecurity positions allows us to personalize the user experience.