At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
The Technical Systems Analyst III will manage the work and success metrics of 2U’s global Cybersecurity org. The Technical Systems Analyst should be able to move between strategic conversations easily since they will have a general understanding of expectations and can provide a reliable layer of connective tissue for cross-team collaboration efforts. As Cybersecurity initiatives rely on support from other teams, this individual will consult regularly with teams across the org to prioritize the team’s work.
A Technical Systems Analyst is expected to be at a professional maturity level that would allow them to be a reliable representation in leadership and tech/dev-wide conversations. While this individual does not need to have deep expertise in Cybersecurity, it is expected that they will possess sufficient technical literacy and an awareness of the importance of Cybersecurity to effectively champion this portfolio of work.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Create project charters, plans and relevant documentation for Cybersecurity projects
- Work with engineering teams to ensure project goals and priorities are maintained throughout development planning and execution.
- Work with multiple teams, including relevant ones outside of the technology organization, that may be impacted by or dependent on decisions, milestones or deployments owned by the SRE team
Requirements and Analysis
- Work across teams to elicit, clarify, elaborate, synthesize, simplify and organize requirements in the form of clearly defined tickets.
- Provide operational guidance to engineers to eliminate blockers and translate the stakeholder needs to actionable prioritized requirements.
- Maintain the role as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on 2U’s Cybersecurity practices, and share knowledge across teams.
- Perform relationship building across disciplines and lines of business in order to facilitate the advancement of Cybersecurity processes and/or tools.
- Own, track and improve team workflow process in order to identify and improve upon efficiencies in software development, project management and operational functions.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 4+ years experience in Technical Systems Analyst, Project Management, Business Analyst, or other relevant roles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, exhibiting professionalism in both internal and external documentation
- Experience managing multiple cross-team projects and relationships, including working with aggressive deadlines
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Familiarity with Cybersecurity practices and concepts is preferred but not required (ie, Incident Response, Threat and Vulnerability Management, Application Security, Security Awareness, SOC-2, PCI, etc)
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is $98,000-104,000, with potential bonus and equity eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we're not stopping there — we're relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided