Mandiant's Global Government team is seeking an Information Security Consultant to deliver the full breath of capability of our Mandiant Security Validation (MSV) Platform. This technical role is responsible for supporting customers with utilizing MSV, deployment of the platform, and long-term operational use of the solution.
Successful candidates have experience working in large-scale and high pace operational environments focusing on cyber defense. As well as the keen ability to design or integrate new capabilities. Demonstrated abilities in thought leadership, technical competencies in security and architecture, multitasking, cross-collaboration, and a high capacity to learn are imperative. The candidate will be located in the Virginia or Washington DC metropolitan area.
What you will do:
• Lead MSV deployment, integration, and validation assessments.
• Support the implementation and operations of a security controls validation program.
• Support the design and architect stages of MSV deployments.
• Oversee the deployment and configuration of Mandiant Security Validation SIP in customer environments.
• Enable customers on Mandiant Security Validation SIP through the sharing of best practices and communicating lessons learned.
• Provide product expertise and guidance to customers on the use of Mandiant Security Validation SIP for improving their ability to detect, block, alert and respond to cyber security threats.
• Collaborate with the Mandiant Security Validation engineering teams on suggested features, processes, and opportunities for improving the product.
• Evaluate MSV assessment results, analyze security controls efficacy, provide detection and security control recommendations, and present to and coordinate with diverse stakeholders and audiences within the customers organization.
• Minimum of Eight (8+) years of demonstrated information security and engineering experience
• Meet DoD 8570.01 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II requirements
• 4+ years experience with Networking fundamentals (DHCP, DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP, etc.)
• 4+ years experience with SIEM and the relationship between alerting and correlation rule triggering
• Active TS/SCI Poly Clearance required
• 2+ years experience with Programming language and scripting knowledge, with basic experience
• 5+ year’s experience with red team, purple team, blue team, or SOC experience
• Cyber security relevant certifications (Security+, CEH, GIAC GCIA, GCIH, CISSP, etc.)
• Demonstrated aptitude and desire to learn new technologies and services
• Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
• Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, ability to establish rapport with clients
• Functions as a technical expert
• Ability to plan and supervise others through major technology assignments
• Understanding of cyber security at a technical level across each of the 7 layers of the OSI Model.
• System Administration knowledge/experience: Unix/Linux
• Security device configuration and administration (firewalls, IDS/IPS, Proxy, etc.)
• In-depth security log analysis skills
• Wireshark/tcpdump skills
• Understanding of frameworks and standards: MITRE ATT&CK, Kill Chain, NIST Cyber Security Framework, ISO, etc.
Position dependent on final contract award.
As a U.S. federal contractor, Mandiant has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to comply with our obligations under applicable laws and requirements. This position may be covered under Mandiant’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, as required in order to support federal contracts, access company offices and/or attend in-person meetings and work events. If covered under this policy, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 may be required as a condition of hire.
At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based role that must be located in Washington DC, or Northern Virginia.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided