* Please note that you have to reside in Chicago or Dallas to be considered for this role*
● Supports Systems Architects with the design of the overall architecture of a specific product/application, applying principles that promote availability, reusability, interoperability and security into the design framework.
● Performs development, optimization, and automation activities to support the implementation of a product/application.
● Increases proficiency and understanding of relational and non-relational databases, distributed application architectures, user interfaces and user experience, quality assurance, security concerns, and business value creation.
● Adopts engineering best practices to deliver higher quality and scalable solutions.
● Provides the team with the development strategy, solution recommendations, and estimates for a given product/application.
● Participates in scrum ceremonies (sprint planning, retrospective, showcases/demos, stand-ups, backlog refinement, etc.).
● Creates and executes unit tests which validate the code changes made to support the implementation of a user story.
● Uses test driven development (TDD) practices to assist with the detection/recognition of software defects early in the development process.
● Identifies deficiencies within a product / application’s code base and identifies opportunities to improve overall code quality.
● Works with team members to move user stories from the development backlog into testing and provides clarification when needed.
● Estimates, plans, and manages all implementation tasks and reports on development progress.
● Demonstrates a strong understanding of emerging technologies to support the development of new solutions.
● Collaborates with team members (e.g., Systems Architects, Systems Analysts) to define project specifications and release documentation for all phases of the product development cycle from product definition to design, through implementation.
● Conducts peer code reviews for the software changes made by other engineers within a team.
● Designs, builds, debugs, optimizes, and implements service solutions in C# for applications including, but not limited to, the Order Management System.
● Monitors and improves service performance.
● Adopts technical ownership of features and advancing product functionality.
● Advocates for and improves code quality, automated tests, CI/CD initiatives, and the developer experience.
● Reviews application requirements and designs.
● Develops and documents standards and best practices; mentors others.
● Provides the team with solution recommendations, and estimates for a given product/application.
● Collaborates with team members to define project specifications and release documentation for all phases of the product development cycle from product definition to design, through implementation.
● Documents application changes and reviews code.
● 3+ years’ of hands on experience in designing and developing containerized services based on the .Net Core framework.
● 3+ years’ of relevant experience with C#, REST, JSON, XML, YAML, GraphQL and Swagger.
● 3+ years’ of experience developing and writing unit tests using NUnit or similar framework.
● Thorough understanding of API development, with an emphasis on security and performance.
● Extensive understanding of Object-Oriented Design and Programming.
● Experience in 3-tier, n-tier, cloud computing; and microservices architectures.
● Good knowledge of integration architectures.
● Solid knowledge of database application development in relational and no-SQL platforms.
● Experience with microservice-based debugging and performance testing software.
● Experience refactoring code and algorithms for improved performance and robustness.
● Experience developing within an agile methodology.
● Must be detail-oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills; ability to analyze potential future issues.
● Strong troubleshooting skills; strong interpersonal skills; strong relationship builder in cross-functional teams.
● Self-motivated with a positive, can-do attitude.
● Experience programming in major databases such as Microsoft SQL Server.
● Must possess a strong understanding of the software development process.
● Strong knowledge of object oriented concepts.
● Strong knowledge and experience working with databases.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate to both technical and Business audiences.
● Demonstrated ability to execute against iteration plans and deliver assignments within scope, schedule, and budget.
● Ability to work with all management levels.
● Must have high integrity, accountability, a positive attitude, and be willing to do what it takes to make the team successful.
● Team player, good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Creative, likes challenges.
● Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multitask and prioritize work effectively in a fast-paced working environment.
● Must be extremely responsive, able to work under pressure in crisis with a strong sense of urgency.
● Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
● Must be detail-oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze potential future issues.
● Able to support off-hours work as required, including weekends, holidays, and 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
● University degree or equivalent education (Computer Science or related field).
● Experience working in a retail ecommerce environment.
● Experience with Data modeling.
● Knowledge of SOX, PII, PCI, CCPA, HIPPA regulations for transactions, security, and confidentiality.
● Experience working on design systems building highly composable, reusable components.
● Experience with code review, performance analysis, and understanding of large-scale application infrastructure and dependencies.
● Familiarity with design patterns and microservices-based architecture patterns.
● Experience with Redis, MongoDB or similar technologies.
● Experience with Azure ADO based CI/CD.
● Experience with AKS and supporting technologies.
- Salary: $110000 - $155000
- Citizenship: Us Citizen
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Travel: Travel 25
- Telework: Hybrid Telecommute