You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Senior IT Cybersecurity Analyst
**This position can be performed from a remote location in the U.S.***
We are looking for a detail-oriented Sr. Cybersecurity Analyst to be responsible for server, desktop, mobile, and network security and troubleshooting network access. The Sr. Cybersecurity Analyst works with our IT Cybersecurity Analyst within the established procedures to ensure network security access and protect against unauthorized access, modifications, or destruction. Your responsibilities include performing risk assessments, audits, staff training sessions, analysis of alerts and monitoring network activity via our security toolsets.
You will also assist in responding to security incidents in a mission critical production environment, such as investigating and remediating possible endpoint malware infections, mitigating threats such as unauthorized use, spam and phishing. You will coordinate response, triage and recovery activities for security events affecting the company’s information assets.
To be a successful Sr. Cybersecurity Analyst, you should be meticulous, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with excellent technical and information security skills. You should be skilled at defining and updating security policies and training less technically skilled employees to be security conscious.
Your Seat at the Table:
- Installing, administering, and troubleshooting network security solutions.
- Performing vulnerability and penetration tests, identifying and defending against threats, and developing disaster recovery plans.
- Perform basic level risk and vulnerability analysis/assessment on select products, including but not limited to: Windows Active Directory, VPN, anti-virus, patches, DLP, Privileged User Monitoring and log monitoring.
- Monitoring SIEM processes, storage utilization, and events including appropriately escalating information to senior leadership
- Configuring security systems, analyzing security requirements, and recommending improvements.
- Monitoring network traffic for suspicious behavior.
- Updating network policies and authorization roles and defending against unauthorized access, modifications, and destruction.
- Consulting with staff, managers, and executives about the best security practices and providing technical advice.
- Configuring and supporting security tools, such as firewalls and anti-virus software.
- Training staff to understand and use security protocols.
- Responding quickly and effectively to all security incidents and providing post-event analyses.
- Remaining up to date with the latest security systems, standards, authentication protocols, and products.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or a related field
- Possesses a Security + certification, or a current acceptable accredited security certification
- Strong understanding and knowledge of computer, network, and security systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- 4-6 years’ experience in the IT Security field
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in at least two of the following areas: security operations, incident response, network/host intrusion detection, threat response
- Experience analyzing system and application logs to investigate security issues and/or complex operational issues
- ISO 27001/27002, ITIL and COBIT, NIST frameworks
- HIPAA, NIST, GLBA and SOX compliance assessments
- Firewall and intrusion detection/prevention protocol
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided