NOTE: Looking for Junior, Intermediate, and Senior-level individuals!
Do you feel like scanners are just to catch the low-hanging fruit and that the real findings are left for the human testers? Have you tested hundreds of networks and still want more? If this describes you, you’re in luck! We are looking for an experienced network penetration security tester to join our team of highly skilled penetration testers.
If you feel most at home with a scanner and manually following up on those vulnerabilities, this is NOT the kind of job we are offering.
- – Three (3) years of experience exclusively performing network security testing or five (5) years of mixed experience performing application security assessments, network security assessments, and software development
- – Advanced ability to detect, define, exploit, and remediate vulnerabilities without the use of a vulnerability scanner (a browser, a proxy, an editor, and YOU)
- – Programming experience in two of the following languages: C#, Java, Python, Ruby
- – Database knowledge in MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- – Interface with clients to determine and understand their needs
- – Develop detailed reports on findings and remediations
- – Familiarity with Windows Internals
- – Vulnerability and exploit development research
- – Evade EDR devices such as Windows Defender and Carbon Black to avoid detection by defenders/behavioral-based alerting to further the engagement objectives
- – Conduct open-source intelligence gathering, network vulnerability scanning, exploitation of vulnerable services, lateral movement, install persistence in a target network(s), and manage C2 infrastructure
- – Develop payloads, scripts, and tools that weaponize new proof-of-concepts for exploitation, evasion, and lateral movement
- – Communicate effectively with team members during an engagement
- – Ability to think unconventionally to develop adversarial TTPs
- – Keep current with TTPs and the latest offensive security techniques
Our consultants are expected to treat everyone they work with the utmost respect. Our clients are our partners, and we are an extension of their team, whether for a single engagement or as part of a multi-year engagement. Every position at Lares is client-facing, so you need to be able to write reports, communicate ideas, answer questions, and interact with clients respectfully. If you think that clients are dumb and their code sucks, this is not the right place for you.
Nice to Have Skills
You should know your way around the common professional exploitation frameworks (e.g. Core Impact, Canvas, Metasploit) and have a strong working knowledge of exploitation outside the typical “click to exploit” type of testing. We are not asking if you can scan something and only attempt an exploit in msf/Core/Canvas.
You should have full working knowledge of Kali Linux or similar testing distributions and most of the tools. Experience with penetration testing as a consultant is preferred. We believe that writing reports are just as important as finding flaws, so you should be able to communicate professionally and write clear and concise reports.
Though not required, the following certifications would be considered nice to have: CISSP, CISA, OSCP, OSWP, OSCE, OSEE, OSWE, any of the GIAC certs, CEH, LTP, etc.
Note: Lares will always value hands-on and demonstrable skills ahead of industry certifications.
If you are looking for a straight 9-5 job, you’re probably better off looking elsewhere. We work hard and play even harder. We expect you to live your life and enjoy it, but we also want you to have just as much fun working with the team and our list of clients. We are a family and treat each employee AND client as a member of that family.
We strongly support community involvement, and our team members regularly speak at conferences worldwide. Our consultants have time in their schedules dedicated to research and teaching/speaking. Yearly trips to conferences and classes are also encouraged.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience and includes access to some of the industry’s best medical, dental, and vision coverage. Lares also provides an open vacation policy and values the organization’s sick, personal wellness, and volunteer days.
If you’re still reading and interested, please apply today!
$70000 - $200000