XOR Security is actively seeking a Digital Forensics Incident Response (DFIR) Analysts to enable our operational counterparts advanced analytics support to promote the rapid analysis of national level cyber threats and incidents. The ideal candidate will provide technical support of a 24x7 cyber program in the areas of incident response, insider threat investigations, forensics, cyber threats and information security.
Corporate duties such as solution/proposal development, corporate culture development, mentoring employees, supporting recruiting efforts, will also be required. The program is currently operating remotely but will be performed onsite in Alexandria, VA when directed to do so by the customer.
Position is contingent on successfully completing a program-based background investigation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience with a solid understanding of incident response, insider threat investigations, forensics, cyber threats and information security.
- A minimum of five (5) years of hands-on experience with experience in the last two (2) years that includes host-based and network-based security monitoring, identifying and analyzing anomalous activities with familiarity in insider threat monitoring software, host- based forensic tools, intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis functions, security information event management (SIEM) platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, security operations ticket management.
- Experience creating insider threat focused dashboards, reports and workflow diagrams.
- Experience collecting data and reporting results; handling and escalating security issues or emergency situations appropriately; providing incident response capabilities to isolate and mitigate threats to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability for protected data.
- Experience with ad-hoc training to junior, mid, senior members of a cyber work force in a collaborative environment.
- Subject matter expert in the field of digital media exploitation or forensics.
· Existing Subject Matter Expertise of Advanced Persistent Threat or Emerging Threats.
· Proficiency in utilizing various packet capture (PCAP) applications/engines and in the analysis of PCAP data.
· Ability to work on-call during critical incidents or to support coverage requirements (including weekends and holidays when required).
- Experience supporting a SOC program in incident response tools and techniques, specifically with forensics tools such as EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, etc.
- Experience with static and dynamic malware analysis, including reverse engineering of binaries.
· Familiarity with coding, scripting languages (BASH, Powershell, Python, PERL, RUBY etc.) or software development frameworks (.NET).
· Previous hands-on experience with a Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) systems, and log management systems that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting is required (preferably within Splunk or ArcSight).
· Ability to develop rules, filters, views, signatures, countermeasures and operationally relevant applications and scripts to support analysis and detection efforts.
- Understanding of hardware configurations and comfort with disassembling and reassembling computers and periphery devices.
- Expert understanding of computer file systems, hard drive architecture and connection types.
- In-depth experience with file system forensics, registry analysis, Internet history analysis, steganography and encryption detection and analysis, forensic media imaging, timeline analysis, email analysis, signature/hash analysis.
- Ability and experience extracting and managing complex large data sets.
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience
- Salary: $130000 - $152000
- Citizenship: Us Citizen
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Travel: No Travel
- Telework: No Telecommute