The Data Protection Operations Lead will be part of the Data Protection Operations Team, reporting to the Director of Data Protection Engineering and Insider Risk. This role will provide front-line support daily to review DLP alerts, receive escalations from L1/L2 teammates, escalate events/incidents as necessary, develop metrics/dashboards/reports, develop team processes/job aids/SOPs, and mentor teammates. They will also partner with the DLP engineering team to identify opportunities for improvement and tuning of policies.
This position is designed for a candidate with SME experience (5+ years). The position will be aligned with the Data Protection Engineering, Insider Risk, and Data Protection Operations. They will be a delivery lead with no people management responsibilities initially, but the role may evolve into it.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, delivery-focused, and well-organized with a strong appetite for learning. Additionally, the candidate must be able to adjust and thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Lead analysis and response activities for data protection technology events.
- Develop team processes, job aids, and SOPs.
- Assist with the identification and implementation of detection tuning efforts.
- Develop data protection metrics through reports and dashboards for consumption by the team, stakeholders, and executive leadership.
- Alongside Data Protection Leadership, assist with program and standard development.
- Serve as the Lead Subject Matter Expert for Data Protection event analysis and response.
- 5 years of Information Security and/or Data Protection related experience and/or training
- 5 years of experience with Data Protection Technologies such as Data Loss Prevention, CASB, Insider Risk, Data Classification, or Email Security
- 5 years of experience with Security event analysis/review
- 5 years of experience analyzing data sets for trends and developing metrics/reports/dashboards.
- Expert working knowledge of Data Privacy Fundamentals (Familiarity with Data Privacy Laws and Regulations Fundamentals, Understanding of Personal Information (PI) protection, Basic understanding of Privacy Breach reporting/impact analysis)
- Intermediate working knowledge of Cyber Security Fundamentals (Familiarity with key concepts of Vulnerability Management, Network Security/Secure Transmission Management, Data Loss Prevention, Identity Access Management, Threat Intelligence, Penetration testing, IT Risk Management)
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g., computer science, information systems, math, engineering, etc.) or equivalent transferable experience through coursework, internships, or work experience, including military service.
- Basic programming/scripting skills (read/interpret scripts, write basic scripts)
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong business and technology aptitude with a willingness to learn and understand
business and software solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication including technical writing capabilities
- Highly motivated with strong organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- High level of professionalism, confidence, and ability to build credibility with team members and business partners
- CISSP or equivalent is a plus.
- ITIL Fundamentals is a plus
- Citizenship: Us Citizen
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: No Travel
- Telework: Full Telecommute