Who is SimSpace:
SimSpace launched in 2015 with a singular purpose – addressing the most urgent and sophisticated cybersecurity challenges to reduce risk for our most vulnerable and valuable infrastructure. The organizations around the world that we depend on every day to keep our loved ones safe and secure. Our healthcare facilities, schools, financial institutions, transit centers, grocery stores, and workplaces just to name a few. To deliver global resiliency, we provide an elite cyber range platform to curate unassailable cyber defenses, data driven decisions, cutting edge training labs, live attack scenarios, and extensive individual and dynamic team readiness training.
SimSpace works as OneTeam to elevate humanity around the world. We are committed to continuously improving and delivering a cultivated member experience whether that is accomplished through focusing on supporting our client's teams or our own mission driven SimSpacers.
We are hybrid, remote, and in-person with offices in Boston's Fort Point and Maryland. We also have offices in the UK, Germany, Israel, Australia, Czech Republic, Japan, Singapore, and Egypt. If you are interested in elevating the technology and creative solutions necessary to secure and safeguard our future while working alongside others who share your passion for purpose and development, we want to meet you!
This position will report into our Laurel, Maryland office daily and is not eligible for a hybrid or remote work model.
Why should you choose a career in Professional Services at SimSpace?
We are an organization that is focused on building our culture and mindfully enhancing our atmosphere everyday which is why we have collaborated on an integral value system. Our governing philosophy of being Human Centered is deeply embedded within our value system. We apply this philosophy to every one of our internal team members, external clients, and their customers.
- Our core values are:
- Serve to Protect – We provide safe space, deliver on the mission, and elevate humanity
- Acquire Understanding – We seek and provide clarity 10x, cultivate comprehension, and believe information goes
- Inspiration Leads to Inspiration – We stay curious, practice consistency over intensity, and continue to be the change we need in the world
- Teamwork Without Borders – We are never alone, we solve for all, and keep people at the heart of everything we do
- We also provide the following:
- Salary Range $125,000 - $150,000
- Benefits that start on first day of hire (medical, dental, company-paid vision, savings and spending accounts, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid Life and AD&D Insurance)
- 401k with immediate vesting
- Unlimited paid time off
- Equity options at hire and potential for additional based on performance
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Peloton Interactive Wellness Program
- Semi-flexible hours, with the expectation that you overlap the main part of the day to meet deadlines, collaborate with colleagues and attend key meetings.
What will you be doing as a Senior Cyber Range Engineer at SimSpace?
- Design and architect complex computer networks for testing and training
- Ensure the networks are running properly with hosts, servers and services configured to dynamic customer or industry goals
- Ensure the security tools are properly setup and configured
- Ensure the traffic generators (user emulation) are properly modeling user behaviors
- Ensure the attack generators are setup to execute the available attack scenarios
- Troubleshoot cyber range components from networking, system administration, and SimSpace technologies utilizing a variety of technical methods
- Participate in discussions with customers to help identify cyber range requirements based on their specific objectives and use cases
- Work in an open communication collaboration environment that reaches across functional teams
- Perform required tasks solely, in conjunction with other team members or vendors, as well as being able to take lead and accountability for specific tasks and projects
- Perform required tasks quickly and efficiently during highly visible customer events
- Utilize time management skills to deliver on time
What are the qualifications to apply? To be successful as a Senior Cyber Range Engineer, you need to have:
- 8+ years' experience in a technical field
- 1+ years of practical experience with different Cloud Service Providers (GCP, AWS, Azure, Oracle, Digital Ocean)
- 2+ years of experience with VMware vCenter
- 5+ years of experience running and maintaining complex Enterprise IT systems
- 5+ years of experience deploying, operating, and configuring Windows and Linux
- 5+ years of experience with a scripting language such as Python or PowerShell
- A strong understanding of computer networking principles (OSI layers, Firewalls, VLANs, VPNs)
- A strong understanding of cyber security tools (SIEM, Proxy, AV, EDR, DLP, HID/NID, HIP/NIP, Forensics)
- Experience with configuration management tools (such as Puppet or Ansible)
- An understanding of computing security practices, both technical and social
SimSpace is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
SimSpace does not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression and identity, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military/veteran status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs if they meet all of the qualifications. However, no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. SimSpace encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. We look forward to your application.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/gJMB2mSpOVRbbtlagf6Azm
- Salary: $125000 - $150000
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided