2U is seeking a Cybersecurity professional who has a passion for making a difference. Our students have a diverse background, from working professionals to recent college graduates who seek to transition into careers in Cybersecurity. Instructors will have a direct hand in changing the lives of our students.
This is a fully remote, part-time position.
Why teach with us?
Instructors, with the help of teaching assistants; lead classroom discussions, emphasize the meta-skills and core concepts, support students in their projects and challenges, and provide feedback to students. You don't have to have a ton of experience with teaching! You just have to be a lifelong learner, proven teacher or mentor, or love to help people change their lives to succeed.
What You Will Do:
- Lead online lectures following a detailed lesson plan that includes an active discussion environment and project-based learning.
- Bring the learning experience to life by building community and enhancing relevance by drawing on your own industry experience
- Translate complex subject matter in a clear and concise manner for a diverse range of learners or skill levels
- Provide support and encouragement to students as they go through a life-changing experience
- Create an engaging, positive, and inclusive learning environment for our students.
- Increase participant engagement using diﬀerent facilitation tactics
- Guide large and small groups of learners in an empathetic manner
- Amplify student satisfaction by creating a positive classroom culture
- Communicating timely with students and leveraging effective interventions by sharing resources
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in Cybersecurity
- Must have a laptop, camera, and reliable internet access
- One additional monitor, microphone / headset are highly recommended
- Please note that Linux-based computers and Apple MacBooks featuring the Apple Silicon M1 or M2 chip are NOT PERMITTED
- A positive attitude
- Ability to deliver lesson plans provided by 2U
- Share your own professional experiences and industry insight with the students
- Be able to infuse empathy, support, encouragement, and fun into the student experience
Proficiency in the following is required:
- Networking with packet analysis, wireshark, router and switch configuration
- Systems with Windows and Linux
- Cybersecurity with secure network design and architecture, vulnerability assessment, and cryptography
- Ethical Hack and Penetration with Kali Linux, Metasploit, or Burp Suite
- Programming and Scripting with Python Program and Bash Scripting
- 24-week program (this is a part-time commitment)
- M/T/TH OR M/W/TH schedule
- Classes: 5:45 - 10pm (includes office hours and break)
- Classes are taught live online
- Maintain your current career while teaching
- Paid Sick and Safe Leave
- Access to Wellness and Educational Resources
- 20% Discount on 2U Short Courses
- Hone your skills by teaching and mentoring others
- Expand your network by joining the thousands of industry professionals who make up our instructional staff
- Experience the gratitude and fulfillment that comes along with teaching and giving back to the tech community
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided