MindPoint Group delivers industry-leading cybersecurity solutions, services, and products. We are trusted cybersecurity advisors to key government and commercial decision-makers and support security operations for some of the most security-conscious organizations globally.
Our relationship with you is for the long run because your success is our success. We invest in your success through fantastic benefits (healthcare, generous PTO, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement, to name a few).
Beyond just excellent pay and benefits, you’ll want to work here for reasons that can’t be written into an offer letter—the challenge, growth opportunities, and most important: the culture of a company that cares about you.
A position at MPG promises you
- A diverse organization
- A safe workplace with zero tolerance for discrimination or harassment of any kind
- A balanced work life. Seriously.
- A stable, established, and growing business
- A leadership team focused on your professional growth and development
MindPoint Group is seeking a Penetration Tester to assist our government and commercial clients with conducting security assessments of their web and mobile applications, as well as their underlying infrastructure.
What you get to do every day
- Conducts vulnerability assessments
- Carries out penetration tests, performs social engineering tests
- Analyzes technical security weaknesses
- Performs risk analyses and develops exploits
- Researches and maintains proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer and network vulnerabilities, data hiding, and encryption
- Develops tools, techniques, training, and countermeasures for computer and network vulnerabilities, data hiding, and encryption.
*US Citizen required, Secret Clearance highly desired*
What skills do you need?
- Minimum of 5 years of general work experience and 2 years of relevant experience in functional responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or an equivalent combination of formal education, and experience.
- Must have a strong technical background and understand system architecture and design, operating systems, network infrastructure, software installation on test platforms, software development, database, and operating systems.
- Security, Software Development, Networking, and/or Systems Administrator Experience
- Deep understanding of 3-tiered Web Applications and Mobile Application Architectures
- Manual Penetration Testing Experience (i.e. mapping applications, injecting SQLi, XSS, XXE, exploit creation)
- Must have Commercial Web Application Tool Experience (i.e. BurpSuite, AppScan, WebInspect)
- Network Penetration Testing Tool Experience (i.e. Nmap, Nessus, Wireshark, Metasploit, Hydra, John)
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to explain the technical details of OWASP Top 10 and other vulnerabilities from C-levels to developers in a large professional environment
What is ideal?:
- Web Services Security Penetration Testing Experience
- Software Development and/or Scripting Experience in .NET, C++, Java, C#, perl, python, or bash
- Mobile Application Penetration Testing (i.e. iOS, Android, Windows, Blackberry)
- Database Experience (DBA or security penetration testing)
- Source Code Review (aka Static Analysis) Experience
- Excellent technical writing skills and attention to detail
- There will be on-site engagements for a week or more in Washington DC. When not on client site, there will be options for telework.
- All offers are contingent upon proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or successful accommodation for an exemption.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Compensation is unique to each candidate and relative to the skills and experience they bring to the position. The minimum salary for this position is $125k. This does not guarantee a specific salary as compensation is based upon multiple factors such as location, education, experience, certifications, and other requirements, and may fall outside of the above-stated range.
- Highlights of our benefits include Health/Dental/Vision, 401(k) match, Flexible Time Off, STD/LTD/Life Insurance, Referral Bonuses, professional development reimbursement, maternity/paternity leave, mobile phone stipend, pre-tax commuter benefits, the opportunity to participate in our mentorship program, and more!
- MindPoint is committed to maintaining a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Salary: $125000 - $175000
- Citizenship: Us Citizen
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Travel: Travel 25
- Telework: Full Telecommute