- Salary: $110000 - $170000
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided
Do you want to help shape the future of training cyber security teams against malicious cyber criminals and foreign actors? Would you like your work to have a meaningful impact in an area as important as cyber security? SimSpace is looking for team members to help shape the future of realistic environments used for cyber security testing, training, assessments, and tool development.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer or DevOps Engineer that is highly motivated, possess outstanding communication skills, has a strong technical background, is hands-on, proactive, good at problem solving and has a strong desire to learn and work towards excellence. This position will work closely with cross-functional teams of product managers, product owners, software engineers, content developers, range operations, DevOps, QA teams and customer success to deliver network based content for end users.
- Built, test and deploy virtual machine templates and containerized applications that will be used in cyber ranges.
- Build, test and deploy complex network environments in the SimSpace platform.
- Build Continuous Integration pipelines using tools such as Concourse.
- Troubleshoot and fix issues related to network connectivity and application misconfiguration at both client and server side.
- Produce professional grade, technical documentation for all work performed.
Must Have Skills and Knowledge:
- Expert level system administrator on either Linux or Windows.
- Scripting in PowerShell, Python, PowerCLI
- Experience working with VMWare vCenter
- Web servers such as Apache, nginx and/or IIS
- Dns servers such as Bind, Unbound and/or Windows DNS
- Active Directory
- Databases such as SQL Server, Postgres and/or MySQL
- Network analysis tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, and nmap
Bonus Skills and Knowledge:
- Configuration management tools such as Puppet or Ansible
- Automated VM creation with tools such as Packer
- Build, deploy and manage containers in a self hosted registry
- Application package management with apt, rpm and/or chocolatey
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, 401k)
- Equity in the form of SimSpace options
- Flexible hours provided you overlap most of the work day (EST) to interact with others