Join a Challenger
Being a traditional bank just isn’t our thing. We are big believers in innovating the banking experience because we believe Canadians deserve better options, and we challenge ourselves and our teams to creatively transform what’s possible in banking. Our team is made up of inquisitive and agile minds that find smarter ways of doing things. If you’re not afraid of taking on big challenges and redefining the future, you belong with us. You’ll get to work with people who will encourage you to reach new heights. We like to keep things fun, ask questions and learn together.
We are a big (and growing!) family. Overall we serve more than 370,000 people across Canada through Equitable Bank, Canada's Challenger Bank™ and have been around for more than 50 years. Equitable Bank's wholly owned subsidiary, Concentra Bank, supports credit unions across Canada that serve more than 5 million members. Together we have over $100 billion in combined assets under management and administration, with a clear mandate to drive change in Canadian banking to enrich people's lives. Our EQ Bank platform (eqbank.ca
) has been named the top Schedule I Bank in Canada on the Forbes World's Best Banks 2022 and 2021 lists.
Purpose of Job
The Third-Party Security Risk manager will work closely with the technology teams and line of business teams to mitigate the risk of security attacks emanating from partners, vendors and other related third-parties while enabling the business to grow the bank and serve our customers efficiently and securely.
· Perform Third-Party security risk assessments.
· Monitor and report on third-party security risk action plans, engaging with third-party contacts as well as business stakeholders.
· Maintain third-party security risk management framework ensuring alignment with Risk management framework (2nd Line of defense) and Privacy requirements
· Provide security input to third-party contracts by ensuring alignment with cyber security regulatory requirements and Company cyber security policies
· Identify supplier related cyber risk threat scenarios and evaluate risk rating based on a thorough review of the third party’s security program and technical architecture.
· Monitor third-party compliance program, ensuring continuous compliance and evidence collection, validation, and recording.
· A college diploma or university degree is required. Higher accreditation (e.g. Bachelor of Computer Science) is preferred.
· At least five (5) years of information security and information risk experience.
· At least three (3) years of third-party risk management experience (including hands-on experience conducting third party risk assessments)
· Understanding of Cloud Shared responsibility models and risk mitigation approach/techniques.
· Experience in performing organization-wide/entity security risk assessments or audits is required.
· Understanding and experience with security compliance frameworks such as PCI DSS, BSIMM, Cloud Security Alliance, NIST, ISO 27K series is required.
· Understanding of Canadian Financial industry regulations relevant to third-party security and privacy expectations E.g. OSFI, OPC
· The following certifications are preferred: CCSP, CCSK, CISM, CISSP, CISA, or CRISC.
· Experience working in a banking or financial services environment is an asset.
· The incumbent works under direct management of the Senior Manager, Information Security Risk Management. They will be expected to lead and provide guidance to others in the department.
· The incumbent is accountable for formulating, developing and drafting security policies, procedures, and other relevant documents while liaising with the concerned stakeholders to ensure that the Information Security concerns are amicably addressed and their buy-in is obtained. Hence paving the way for easy acceptance at the time of implementation.
· The incumbent is accountable for the managing of security risk throughout the lifecycle, right from identifying the security risk to explaining it to the relevant stakeholders and getting their buy-in in remediating to tracking the closure of the weaknesses/risks to the organization.
· The incumbent is accountable for ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the periodic compliance reports submitted by the IT functions. Failure to it may result in the IT organization being non-compliant with external and internal regulators.
· The incumbent is also responsible for performing penetration testing as per the agreed upon plan by the Senior Manager, IT Security & Compliance and, compiling the report and working with the concerned stakeholder for getting the weaknesses remediated/fixed or risk accepted. Similarly, the incumbent will maintain register for penetration testing results and vulnerabilities and liaise with action owners for fixing the gaps.
· The incumbent is also responsible for administering and managing GRC solution implemented in the Bank, look at ways of improving the solution and address and resolve queries from various other stakeholders.
· This position is also required to work with internal and external audit and compliance related teams and partners on an as needed basis.
· The incumbent is accountable for ensuring that the information security controls identified and agreed for implementation have been properly implemented/embedded within the Information technology systems and operations. Non-implementation may result in the organization being exposed to cyber threats.
What we offer [For full-time permanent roles]
💰 Competitive discretionary bonus
✨ Market leading RRSP match program
🩺 Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
📝 Employee Share Purchase Plan
👶🏽 Maternity/Parental top-up while you care for your little one
🏝 Generous vacation policy, personal days and even a moving day
🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow colleagues
🎓 Annual professional development allowance and a comprehensive Career Development program
💛 A fulfilling opportunity to join one of the top FinTechs and help create a new kind of banking experience
The incumbent will be working hybrid and in office time will be spent working from Equitable Bank’s additional office space located at 351 King Street East, Toronto, ON.
Equitable Bank is deeply committed to inclusion. Our organization is stronger and our employees thrive when we honour and celebrate everyone’s diverse experiences and perspectives. In tandem with that commitment, we support and encourage our staff to grow not just in their career path, but personally as well.
We commit to providing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment for all applicants. Please let us know of any accommodations needed so that you can bring your best self to the application process and beyond. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
We can’t wait to get to know you!