Kyowa Kirin is a fast-growing global specialty pharmaceutical company that applies state-of-the-art biotechnologies to discover and deliver novel medicines in four areas of unmet need: oncology, nephrology, immunology, and CNS/movement disorders. The North America organization includes three offices (in New Jersey and California) that focus on drug discovery, product development, and commercialization. Together, we work as a close-knit team to understand clinical needs and advance innovations that can have a profound impact on patient lives.
As a patient-centric organization that strives to deliver innovative medicines to meet unmet needs, we feel that it is critical to follow the safety guidelines defined by CDC and OSHA. We believe the COVID-19 vaccine is the best way to manage the COVID risk to you, your colleagues, your family, and our society. With that in mind, we are taking the essential step to ensure the safety of our employees during this health crisis by requiring all US employees, temporary workers, agency employees, and independent contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. In accordance with applicable law, individuals may seek accommodation for medical or disability-related conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Information Security Intern
We are looking for talented, highly motivated university students for our Information Security team to help increase the security presence at Kyowa Kirin North America (KKNA). Our future talent will be coming in as Information Security Engineers, Risk Managers, Program Managers and Technology Program Managers in training. You will wear many hats as you jump in a fast-paced environment and produce results. Sec Departments: IT Governance Risk & Compliance, Security Engineering, Detection & Incident Response, Technical Program Management, Security Intelligence/IP Loss Prevention, or IT Business Partners.
This position is a paid, temporary internship eligible to juniors or seniors within a commutable distance of Princeton, NJ. This role is a hybrid role with some in-office time preferred.
- Provide security monitoring and incident response services supporting the mission to protect KKNA’s assets, infrastructure, and data
- Assist in IT compliance risk assessment process to determine scoping for financial relevant systems
- Partner with team to perform IT walk-throughs to provide understanding of IT controls with other business units
- Partner alongside team members to draft InfoSec policies and build accompanying roll-out plans for technical implementation
- Document and formalize processes into KKNA’s Standards that can be applied globally in our Information Security Standardization process
- Build dashboards to capture and present OKRs and KPIs across the teams to report-out progress
- Build and structure internal communication sites to better educate our partners across our company of who we are and what we do
- Identify additional areas of opportunity and means for knowledge sharing practices across teams
- Effectively communicate through Microsoft 365 suite such as OneDrive, Outlook, SharePoint, and Teams
- Familiar with risk assessment framework
- Knowledgeable in different layers of security such as Network Security, Application security, Data security and policy prevention management
- This position requires candidates to be a rising junior or rising senior in college/university with a major that aligns with the department: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Network Engineering, Information Security, or life sciences field
- Previous internship and/or project experience, volunteerism, leadership in clubs or societies, and participation in student athletics
- Interns are required to be able to work from May 30, 2023, to August 11, 2023
- The ability to work a hybrid schedule is required
- 1+ years leading or working in a team environment
- Must have good intercommunication and interpersonal skills, as well as a positive and fun attitude
- Candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Candidates must live within a commutable distance to Princeton, NJ
- This position requires that candidates be able to work in the United States on a permanent and ongoing basis without sponsorship
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided