The Engineering Productivity (Eng Prod) department within Ocado Technology provides tooling and engineering practice frameworks to all software development teams in Ocado to improve productivity and effectiveness. We are in the process of establishing a Cloud Security Engineering team to sit within Eng Prod - this function is critical in providing Cloud Security Infrastructure products and services as well as daily support on security (in an advisory and consulting capacity) to wider infrastructure teams within Eng Prod.
Our aim is to enable Ocado to operate on a global scale by providing a reliable, secure and well supported managed Cloud platform, leveraging the power of AWS and automating as much as possible.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join this growing team, to lead our product development efforts and, alongside development and infrastructure teams, design, deliver, automate and operate all the security aspects of our Cloud Platform, which hosts our business critical applications. The role offers tangible opportunities to contribute in forging the Cloud Security strategy, working with and directly influencing senior stakeholders as we drive the formation of this new team.
This position would suit an individual that either has a strong Product Management background with a keen interest in Cloud Computing (especially AWS) and/or Cyber Security and is passionate about leading in this domain - or an individual that is a seasoned cloud security expert and has some experience within product and looking to develop in this area.
Please note - this role is fully remote if you reside in one of the countries our development centres are located - the UK, Spain, Poland or Bulgaria.
What you will be doing as Product Manager:
- Own and manage a portfolio of Security related products deployed on an increasing number of production environments (eg Cloud Conformity, AWS WAF, AWS Guard Duty, AWS Inspector, AWS Shield, AWS Firewall Manager, AWS CloudTrail, etc)
- Define and deliver the product vision, strategy and roadmap to drive our systems and business processes forward
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate business problems/opportunities and set expectations for the delivery of new functionalities
- Maintain the team’s focus on delivering value, balancing multiple streams of requirements and schedules
- Collaborate in design, estimation and refinement sessions
- Work with other Product Managers within Engineering Productivity and wider product areas to ensure activities remain aligned
- Follow the development activities and delivery of services from inception to launch while keeping internal and external stakeholders at the centre of everything
- Give/receive feedback and input to/from a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. Use data to drive prioritisation
- Develop and prioritise the backlog to continuously improve the products and services
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of release/sprint goals
- Provide advice, training and mentoring to teams in Cloud Services and beyond in areas that can enhance security visibility in the AWS Cloud Environments
- Contribute to identification and adoption of best-in-class IDS/IPS system at the Internet edge of our environments
- Contribute to identification and adoption of best-in-class Security information and event management (SIEM) system to analyse logs for suspicious activity and creates alerts
- Champion, plan and drive the implementation of Security Compliance policies (eg SOC-2, PCI, etc) and kitemarks
We would like to hear from you if you...
- Have previous experience working within Product Development
- Have prior experience working within/exposure to technical Product Management
- Are experienced in managing a Product Backlog, managing stakeholders, setting a Product Vision
- Have a strong affinity with technology, ideally but not exclusively associated with Cloud Computing (ideally AWS) and Security
- Have experience of value-driven prioritisation techniques and of being able to clearly explain the thinking behind prioritisation decisions
- Have experience of engaging and working with customers/stakeholders within an enterprise organisation e.g. internal stakeholders such as engineering managers, dept heads, other product managers, team leads
- Are experienced in working on data-driven products, ideally within an enterprise organisation
- Can demonstrate experience working in an Agile environment
- Possess excellent communication, collaboration, leadership and influencing skills
- Are a team player with a bottom-up ideation process
- Are able to see the big picture, without losing sight of the product details
- Have sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Are fluent in English, both spoken and written
About Ocado Technology
Ocado Technology is changing the way the world shops using advanced Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Big Data, Cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond.
Find out more about how we are pioneering the future through serial technology innovation here.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What we can offer you...
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We regularly review our benefits to ensure we are supporting our employees appropriately. Currently, we offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Hybrid working patterns meaning part of the working week can be spent working remotely (typically 3 days per week). However, your working pattern will depend upon your role/team
- 30 days ‘working from anywhere’ policy
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Our Talent Community is a great way to stay up-to-date with our latest career opportunities, as well as news and relevant careers insights. Register today, and be the first to be notified when a role we think you’d be perfect for becomes available.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover costs relating to the Certificate of Sponsorship and the Immigration Skills Charge only. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements. Please assume you have been unsuccessful if you haven’t heard from us within 4 weeks.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided