Security Consultant, Professional Services
As a Security Consultant on our Professional Services team (under the Customer Success umbrella) you will be helping customers implement and adopt our next generation SIEM and log analytics solutions. You will be responsible for guiding customers through data pipeline architectures for many different types of machine data, configuring security content (parsing, normalizing, rules), building dashboards and reports as well as training and enabling customers on Sumo Logic’s platform.
In addition to interfacing with customers you will also interface with other Customer Success teams as well as with various other parts of the organization, from Product Management and Engineering to Sales and Marketing.
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Design, architect and build large machine data pipelines
- Write parsers and SIEM rules per customer’s specification
- Develop a deep relationship and become a trusted advisor to customers and be the voice of the customer within Sumo Logic
- Deliver training and enablement on our software solutions
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering teams to improve overall customer experience and our products
- Hands-on experience working with SIEM tools (Sumo Logic, Splunk, QRadar, LogRhythm, etc.) as an Analyst, Security Engineer/Architect, Content Developer or in a Pre-or Post sales capacity.
- Experience with log data relevant to security (firewalls, operating systems, endpoint protection, etc.)
- Ability to write complex regular expressions or SQL queries
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, high growth and rapidly changing environment
- Must be located within driving distance of major airport and willing to travel about 25% of the time
- Experience in a customer facing role (consulting, sales engineering, etc)
- Experience in some of the following areas: IR, Threat Hunting, SOC, Pentesting
- Experience in securing or monitoring in public cloud environments and SaaS applications
- Experience with automation and Python scripting
- Experience in software development and modern application stacks
- BS/B.Tech/M.Tech in Computer Science or Engineering
- Certifications like CISSP, CEH, OSCP
The expected annual base salary range for this position is $150,000 - $170,000. In addition to base pay, certain roles are eligible to participate in our bonus or commission plans, as well as our benefits offerings, and equity awards. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors which include (but aren’t limited to) role level, skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, location, and experience
Sumo Logic, Inc., empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Through its SaaS analytics platform, Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable and secure cloud-native applications. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ helps practitioners and developers ensure application reliability, secure and protect against modern security threats, and gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers around the world rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics and insights across observability and security solutions for their cloud-native applications. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com. #LI-Remote
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided