- Salary: $90000 - $150000
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Stock Options
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Full Telecommute
Blockchain Intelligence is at the core of TRM's mission to build a safer financial system for billions of people. To achieve such goal, the Blockchain Intelligence team relies on a diverse set of structured and unstructured data to design, build, and support machine learning models to detect and prevent fraud and financial crime in cryptocurrencies and digital assets. As the sources of our data grows, the Crypto Intelligence team will be building a scalable foundation to propel our impact and product forward.
As a Blockchain Intelligence Analyst at TRM Labs, you will collaborate with an experienced team of engineers, data scientists, and product managers to build scalable systems to detect, prevent, and mitigate cryptocurrency fraud and financial crime. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of building highly available and real-time risk detection services to understand the ever evolving attack vectors in crypto and to build a safer financial system for billions of people.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Stay up-to-date on the latest blockchain and cryptocurrency emerging risks, trends, and typologies.
- Maintain and coordinate data collection efforts across various in-house, OSINT, and third party sources to ensure TRM has the leading threat intelligence in the industry.
- Participate in the automation and standardization of data collection to increase throughput and quality of raw attribution data.
- Proactively identify, build and manage relationships with industry partners to add new sources of attribution to TRMs pipeline at scale.
- Respond to ad-hoc client research requests.
- Collaborate with data and engineering teams to enhance the TRM product.
Some of the Traits we value:
- Practical experience with virtual currencies, applications, and their use in financial networks and blockchain analysis is a plus.
- Working research ability of additional languages (e.g. Chinese, Russian, Hindi, Portuguese, etc.).
- Critical thinking — You are a problem solver who appreciates persistence and enjoys operating in an autonomous environment.
- Exceptional and consistent attention to detail, integrity and work ethic.
- Adaptable. Goals can change fast. You anticipate and react quickly.
- Autonomous. You own what you work on. You move fast and get things done.
- Excellent communication. You will need to communicate complex ideas effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences, and both verbally and in writing.
- Collaborative. You must work collaboratively in a cross-functional team and with people at all levels in an organization.
- Knowledge of BSA regulations, data, intelligence, and law enforcement databases is a plus.
- CAMS, CFE, or CFCS Certification is a plus.
Cryptocurrencies and digital assets have the potential to improve financial services for billions of people. But the same properties that make crypto a force for good – efficient, programmable, and instantaneous value transfer — can be exploited by bad actors to harm our financial system at unprecedented speed and scale: — from hacks, to ransomware attacks, to terrorist financing. How can we unlock the promise of crypto without leaving the risks unchecked?
TRM Labs is a blockchain intelligence company that help financial institutions and government agencies detect and investigate crypto-related financial crime and fraud. We have assembled a world class team of experts from places like McKinsey, Coinbase, Amazon, FBI, and the US Treasury Dept. Every day, we tackle challenges in data engineering, data science, and threat intelligence to advance our mission to build a safer financial system for billions of people.
Why people choose TRM
- "The opportunity to make a lasting impact on the future of finance by building the next generation blockchain analytics platform” - Michael, Data Engineer
- “Solving hard problems to make crypto more accessible” - Colton, Data Engineer
- “Work with the most inspiring colleagues” - Laura, Marketing Lead
- Remote-first company, with optional in-person offices
- Team off-sites and retreats
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Premium health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Generous Parental Leave
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Home office reimbursement
- Annual Books, Training, and Professional Coaching credit
- Macbook Pro