Role Value Proposition
MetLife is searching for an enthusiastic, passionate, and driven individual to help make an impactful difference in an industry leading Fortune 40 company. If you have an enthusiasm for all things security and are eager to work on new and exciting next generation technologies, please apply!
The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for executing the enterprise-wide strategy to identify, design, develop, implement, and support endpoint specific security solutions within the MetLife environment. This hands-on position requires strong collaboration skills to work with cross functional teams to ensure the design of technology solutions complies with MetLife’s information security policies, and regulatory obligations. The candidate will have the ability to identify, document, recommend, and lead security safeguards and configurations in a highly complex environment. Must have the ability to recognize, and appropriately incorporate layered security safeguards within the network, cloud, application, and data layers from a defender’s perspective.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement technical security solutions from start to finish to enhance MetLife’s endpoint security posture
- Manage security product life cycle from vendor management roadmap to Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Maintain full authority over MetLife’s endpoint environment. This includes the identification, architecture, design, and implementation of emerging security products.
- Hold full operational responsibility of security products within the endpoint environment.
- Drive milestone planning, deployment coordination, change management, documentation, and user training of new and existing technologies.
- Work effectively with other Information Security teams and outsourcing providers to ensure technology security solutions are in alignment with organizational strategic goals.
- Ability to work and collaborate with teams around the globe.
- Create documentation to ensure appropriate operational process and procedures are followed in the event of business impacting incidents or issues.
- Ability to identify and fully automate processes.
- Serve as a Security Engineering subject matter expert that can lead projects and initiatives.
- Serve as a tier III resource for security related issues or outages.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Leadership, teamwork, collaboration, self-driven and effective communication skills - both written and verbal.
- 3-5+ years of IT Security Engineering experience working in an enterprise infrastructure or security architecture environment. Preferred experience within the endpoint environment, including both workstations and servers and associated operating systems.
- 3-5+ years of experience in one or more of the following security technologies:
- Data Loss Prevention – (McAfee, Symantec, Forcepoint, Digital Guardian)
- Endpoint Detection and Response Software – (Crowdstrike, CarbonBlack, Tanium)
- Host Firewall – (Windows Firewall)
- Host Based Encryption – (Bitlocker)
- Web Content Filtering – (Zscaler, Symantec WSS, Forcepoint WSS)
- Cloud Security Controls – (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- 3-5+ years of troubleshooting and investigating complex issues within a highly regulated and secure environment. Experience working with change management controls is required.
- 3-5+ years of experience working with applications enabled in the cloud, mobile devices, web, and network.
- Working knowledge of various industry security standards and frameworks including: NIST, ISO 27001, ISF Standard of Good Practice (SoGP), etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Knowledge of modern enterprise and security architectures, their challenges, common approaches to overcome their challenges, and their inherent security strengths and weaknesses.
- Professional certifications such as: CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, CGEIT, CRISC, CEH, or other relevant industry certification and/or desire to obtain such certifications.
- Experience working with tools such as Wireshark, Snort, Bro/Zeek, Burp, Nessus, Kali, Security Onion, and Metasploit.
- Experience working with both external and internal auditors to ensure compliance and accurate reporting.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Powershell, Python, VBScript, and Bash.
- Experience supporting a global environment extending across multiple countries and time zones.
- Experience working within a DevOps environment is a plus.
Global Security Technology – Endpoint Protection
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.