WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal. By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers 100,000+ businesses, including many top Fortune 500 companies who trust our secure collaboration platform to manage the entire content lifecycle.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box is scaling at a rapid pace, and with innovation and speed comes with interesting security challenges. Our customers demand world class security. We need your creativity and technical expertise to help us tackle these challenges. Come help us continue to develop a forward-leaning security posture and an incredible team dedicated to detecting and responding to threats, keeping both Box and our customers safe.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Box's Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) is responsible for managing Box's security incidents. Box presents a unique opportunity to be a part of building our global security team at massive scale. We have built a world-class group with some amazing talent and this is a unique opportunity to grow with us. We have the data, we have the corporate support and we're looking to grow. We need a Security Analyst with experience fighting security fires, who is comfortable being uncomfortable, and is willing to run point on incidents. You're passionate about helping the team better understand your areas of expertise and interest, and to share your knowledge in a collaborative environment that focuses on enabling the team to share their unique skills and perspectives.
You will also be responsible for:
- Responding and investigating security alerts
- Recognizing trends in alerts to help strengthen Box's security posture and provide suggestions for enhanced alerts and detection coverage
- Executing and delivering work towards long-term goals and initiatives to support Box's overall security posture
- Adapting to change and effectively organizing work according to business priorities
- Sharing your knowledge with the more junior members of the team
- The documentation of process and procedures
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's degree in a technical engineering or IT related field or equivalent experience
- A pulse on the tools, tactics and procedures the bad guys are using today and what they'll be using tomorrow. This includes Splunk, Burp Suite, etc.
- Experience with formal security models like MITRE ATT&CK or CIS Critical Security Controls
- You work well with the unpredictable, ever changing threat landscape that exists in cybersecurity
- You can perform independently to collect data, perform analysis, and research findings to determine if abuse or exploitation occurred
- Enthusiasm and passion for Cyber Security, you will definitely find a lot in Box!
- Experience in three or more of the following:
- Cloud Security - we're a cloud company!
- System Security - MacOS\Linux\Windows
- Network Security - IDS, PCAP
- Malware Analysis & Forensics
- Incident Response
- Signature\Alerting Creation
- Tools of the trade including RegEx, YARA
- Scripting - We like Python but other languages like Golang are cool too
- SIEM\Log Aggregation\Data Analytics\Query languages - Splunk SPL, Lucene, SQL, Elk DSL
- Networking and Security certifications a plus
- Cybersecurity Boot Camp experience/completion a plus
- Excellent communication skills
Here's the fine print:
Must be willing to work a shift schedule Wednesday to Saturday (4 days x 10 hours, 1 weekend day)
Box Benefits package includes pension, medical and dental coverage. We have a robust wellness program including 25 days of vacation (plus your birthday off!) and subsidized gym membership. There is such a thing as a free lunch, our in-house chef prepares this daily along with lots of snacks and drinks. EMEA HQ office is located in the impressive White Collar Factory on Old Street; www.whitecollarfactor.com and other European offices in Paris, Munich, Amsterdam, and Warsaw.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided