- Salary: $130000 - $150000
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided
Do you want to help shape the future of training cyber security teams fighting against malicious cyber criminals and foreign actors? Would you like your work to have a meaningful impact in an area as important as cyber security? We are looking for team members to establish and drive our realistic cyber simulation products and services for cyber security testing, training, assessments, and tool development.
As a cyber defense operator in the Data Science Directorate you will work directly with Data Scientists to help them develop automated defense and attack systems. You will be responsible for significant cyber defensive tool installation and configuration and providing authoritative guidance on the concepts, hands-on use of TOOLS and TECHNIQUES that typical Cyber Security Incident Response Teams apply to effectively defend their networks from advanced cyber threats.
We are a fast moving company looking for the right talent and determination to join our team. SimSpace has a fun, but effective company culture and we want you to fit in. We're a start-up that ships products to key customers in finance and government. We're still growing, so it's a great time to join us.
Primary Responsibilities - You will (1) help develop cyber ranges with realistic cyber tool configurations that emulate enterprise networks to enable the Data Science Directorate development of automated defensive systems, (2) install, configure, and maintain cyber defensive tools systems on numerous cyber ranges, and (3) stay abreast of the latest in cyber security defenses, technologies, methodologies, policy and breaches
Additional Responsibilities - You will (1) develop attack/defend scenarios and skills development labs that teaches the full range of cyber defense skills of hardening, monitoring, pursuit, and cyber intelligence, (2) write curriculum tasks, standards, conditions, (3) create learning materials in the form of briefings, white papers, videos, practical exercises, and games, (4) work with our range-operations and DevOps teams to develop toolsets and scenarios within a cybersecurity range to model real-world threat defense scenarios, support teaching and customer events (travel estimated at up to 25%), and (5) assess the skills and level of cyber defense of individuals and teams
- A detailed understanding of cyber security recommended best practices (NIST, SANS, CIS, DoD)
- Experience as a practitioner of cyber red-blue exercise concepts as a learning technique
- A clear understanding of the current state-of-the-art in computer and network security practices and research, to include exploit mitigation, countermeasures, detection, forensics, auditing and other defensive tools
- Comprehensive knowledge of adversary kill-chain and exploitation scenarios
- Broad knowledge of standard cyberdefense tools such as logging and monitoring, along with deep specialization knowledge in one of Windows Domain Security, Windows Forensics, Linux Security, or Network Security
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable in several aspects of cyber security as applied to Windows, Linux, Network Infrastructure, and cyber Intelligence
- Capable of developing and presenting one's own course materials
- Includes being capable of determining if changes are needed in course materials based on your assessment of student needs
- Capable of building, configuring, and operating one's own defensive toolsets
- Experience in multiple technical areas to include incident response, vulnerability assessment, risk management, information assurance, scripting, cyber intelligence, forensics, malware analysis, network and/or host-based monitoring Cyber security classes and credentials are a plus:
- Preferred security credentials include GCIH and one of GCIA, GCWN, GCUX, OSCP, or demonstrable equivalent knowledge.
- Professional level certification in vendor platforms such as Windows, RedHat, Cisco or other systems a plus.
- Will consider both generalists with a background in security and devops system-administration, and specialists in specific aspects: (ie Windows defense/forensics, network security monitoring, unix defense/monitoring, etc).
- Significant hands-on experience with cyber defensive tool engineering, including installation, configuration, maintenance, as well as use of open source and commercial cybersecurity products such as Security Onion, ELK, Snort, Splunk, Security Analytics, Tanium, Crowdstrike, Carbon Black, Cyber Reason, NetWitness, Darktrace, or others is essential