About the Role
Backend Engineers at Coalition your focus will be working across multiple software development projects that can range from API’s to scraping and ETL workflows. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, ensuring high performance and receptiveness across the platform. You’ll also help shape how we build them, operate them, and work together as teams through your contributions both to our cultural and technical ideals and mentorship of engineers at all levels.
The Coalition Control platform currently leverages mostly in Python with some services in Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic judgements about how to scale and decouple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team identify how they fit into the broader puzzle.
- Be part of a remote team
- Write REST APIs on the back-end and consume them on the front-end
- Write back-end integrations with third-party services to aggregate and process data
- Systems and data engineering: due to the large amounts of data we collect, speed and efficiency are perpetual concerns for our multi-worker architecture.
- You will join our engineering team and work closely with our product management team. As such, this role comes with a significant amount of autonomy and ownership. You should enjoy the challenge of building large, scalable infrastructure and components from the ground up.
- Review work done by other engineers
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years experience developing software
- Experienced in modern systems architectures and implementation
- Python and one or more of its web server frameworks (e.g. Flask, Django, FastAPI)
- Unit and end-to-end testing
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and data modeling
- Experienced knowledge of code versioning tools (e.g. Git)
- Strong communication skills both spoken and written
- Cloud Services
- Apache Cassandra, Kafka, Storm
- Deployment automation and scalable infrastructure
- Knowledge of HTTP / REST security concepts, including common vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of other useful web technologies: Redux, Webpack, ES6, TypeScript, etc
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided