- Salary: $0 - $110000
- Citizenship: Us Citizen
- Incentives: Bonus
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Travel: No Travel
- Telework: Full Telecommute
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie Information Security is looking for a highly motivated, diligent, and skillful engineer to join the Attack Surface Management (ASM) team. AbbVie’s Vulnerability Management team protects AbbVie’s patients, data, and brand by identifying vulnerabilities and threats to our organization and working to drive remediation of identified security risks. Vulnerability Management is a capability of ASM within the larger Cyber Security Operations (CSO) function. Join us as Security Engineer, Vulnerability Management to support and improve our efforts to identify and reduce AbbVie’s attack surface and help our business continue to have remarkable impacts on people’s lives.
The Security Engineer is a key member of the Vulnerability Management team and works to configure and optimize AbbVie’s attack surface management tools to ensure effective and accurate identification of AbbVie’s attack surface and risks to the organization.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience with optimizing and maintaining vulnerability scanning technologies, automating routine tasks where applicable, and integrating vulnerability scanning technologies with other third-party technologies.
- Maintain awareness of the latest critical information security vulnerabilities, threats, and exploits
- Provide guidance on existing and emerging threats as they apply within the AbbVie environment
- Provide subject matter expertise on AbbVie’s attack surface management tools, including our vulnerability scanning platform, attack surface analysis platform, cloud configuration management platform, and other tools focused on identifying AbbVie’s assets and vulnerabilities
- Configure tools to optimize the detection of AbbVie assets and associated vulnerabilities and configurations that could pose a risk to the organization
- Assist in communicating technical security concepts to customers, including engineers, architects, and managers
- Create, modify, and mature vulnerability management reports and metrics, to improve identification and remediation of vulnerabilities throughout the AbbVie environment
- Identify enhancements to tools, standards and processes; provide input into policies and procedures, and contribute to the implementation and refinement of the strategy for the Vulnerability Management program on a global basis
- Knowledge of vulnerability management strategies, standards, procedures and technologies across infrastructure- and application-level vulnerabilities
- Experience with vulnerability scanning and reporting, including analysis of results to effectively prioritize remediation efforts
- Experience with Tenable (Tenable.io or Tenable.sc) in an enterprise environment highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills are required
- Adept at communicating concepts to diverse audiences with varying skill sets
- Bachelors with 5 years of experience or Masters with 4 years of experience