If you have a strong background in cyber threat operations or analysis and are looking to be at the forefront of mission success, then we want to hear from you! The successful candidate should be an independent, critical thinker, skilled in evaluating technical and non-technical data to solve analytic challenges to support client leadership under tight deadlines. This role supports Mandiant’s Advanced Intelligence Access (AIA) program. The AIA program enables customers, via an onsite Senior Analyst, access to the totality of Mandiant’s Threat Intelligence, to include raw data. Each Senior Analyst ensures the delivery of actionable intelligence to each customer’s security or operational environments in order to drive decision making and decisive action. The Senior Analyst also acts as a conduit to Mandiant’s extensive network of cyber security, threat intelligence, and information operations professionals.
- Evaluate current and emerging tools and best-practices for tracking advanced persistent threats; tools, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) of attacker’s motivations, industry and attacker trends.
- Perform strategic, tactical, and operational research and analysis of adversarial cyber threats, and the geopolitical context they operate in.
- Correlate all-source intelligence, to develop deeper understandings of tracked threat activity.
- Present tactical and strategic intelligence about threat groups, the methodologies they use, and the motivations behind their activity.
- Work with customers to determine their intelligence needs and requirements.
- Convey both verbally and in writing the importance of findings for a variety of audiences.
- Prepare and deliver briefings and reports to the client’s executives, security team, or fellow analysts.
- Communication of cyber threat intelligence to senior and executive level staff and the impact to operations.
- Ability to work proactively to serve customer needs with little direct oversight, and take ownership to ensure customer success.
- 5 + years of experience in an analytical role (network forensics analyst, intelligence threat analyst, or security engineer/ consultant).
- 5 + years working in a customer-facing environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of internal audiences including senior executives.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and executing on short term and long-term projects.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner.
- Ability to set and manage expectations with senior stakeholders and team members.
- Demonstrated ability to manage customer relationships.
- Fluent English written and oral communications skills.
- Experience working in a joint military environment, with experience conducting or directly supporting military operations.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Excellent knowledge of adversarial cyber actors, including tactics, techniques, and procedures, and the adversary lifecycle or other threat model.
- Experience in evaluating host and network forensic reports of electronic media, packet capture, log data analysis, malware triage, and network devices in support of intrusion analysis, enterprise information security operations, or intelligence operations.
- Excellent knowledge of security solutions and technologies, including Windows, Linux, and Network architecture/implementation/configuration.
- Experience conducting analysis of firewall technologies, routers, proxy technologies, anti-virus, or spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS).
- Experience in working with threat modeling systems.
- Experience utilizing open source tools for analysis.
- Master’s or other professional degree preferred.
- Malware/security experience and experience with Mandiant solutions and services, highly desired.
- Experience working in a investigative or incident response environment.
- Program management or business experience.
- Must be able to forge and maintain relationships in a diverse international environment comprised of military and civilian staff.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Full Telecommute