Dragos is seeking an experienced Director of Engineering with a background in managing and leading software development teams. This position plays a critical role in the management of the team responsible for developing and supporting software security products, most notably the Dragos Platform, and reports to the Senior Director of Engineering.
- Manage and develop a team of engineering managers and technical leads responsible for developing and supporting Dragos software and solutions.
- Ensure a reliable experience for Dragos customers across all solutions, while simultaneously enabling a rapid pace of development and agile iteration.
- Set the tone and direction for the development teams, supporting a culture of code quality, documentation, and thoughtful design tradeoffs.
- Communicates team goals, results, and key performance indicators to direct reports and senior management.
- Works with senior management and others within Engineering leadership for strategy development and execution planning.
- Responsible for setting or approving policies, establishing department guidelines, and managing a budget.
- Ensures appropriate implementation of all methodologies and development process
- Provides technical consultation to Product Managers, Operations, and Sales teams.
- Reviews requirements documentation and participate in product brainstorming sessions.
- 10+ years of experience leading and managing engineering teams, preferably multiple teams, in an agile environment
- 7+ years of full-time application development experience across frontend, backend, and infrastructure and have a solid understanding of technical fundamentals
- Strong track record of recruiting and retaining high-performing engineering talent
- A history of hands-on technical ownership on high-impact engineering projects
- Ability to interface with and influence leaders across an organization with poise
- Competency to foster and build a culture of success, accountability, and teamwork
- Base Salary: $273,000
- Base + Benefits + Equity = $491,400
- Comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K with match)
- Equity at Dragos is quickly growing and the total compensation under-represents the future growth and refresh program. This will be discussed on the first call with the Dragos recruiter.
- Salary: $0 - $273000
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Stock Options
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Full Telecommute