TuSimple Company Overview
Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
TuSimple is a fully commercialized autonomous trucking company. As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our live fleet of autonomous Trucks have fully evolved land freight. TuSimple is leading the way by hiring the most talented researchers, engineers, and scientists.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple has created the first commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
The On-Site Security Manager is responsible for organizing and overseeing all on-site security operations for TuSimple. They will maintain the surveillance, training and emergency response for the company by demonstrating a commitment to the security rules and knowledge of hazards and threats to safety.
This position is responsible for conducting regular briefings, monitoring and evolving safety programs, and communicating to employees and leaders. The On-Site Security Manager will uphold the highest standards by delivering professional communication through regular contact with leaders and leaders.
Leadership skills are imperative to this role due to the number of people and assets under the role's responsibility.
- Perform Security site surveys. Develop and implement security policies, protocols, and procedures.
- Maintain emergency action plans and develop contingency plans for facilities.
- Responsible for driving corporate safety and security programs by training and supervising security officers, guards, and contractors. Manage outside vendors and contractors. Ensure contractual obligations are being met.
- Review daily schedule and personnel deployment, document changes needed, and lead both project and change management of policies and procedures.
- Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms.
- Investigate any accident, incident reporting, or suspicious activity. Review reports on incidents and beaches.
- Manage budgets for security operations and monitor expenses.
- Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events.
- State prescribed Licensing, training or certification.
Key Experiences & Competencies
- 3-5 years experience as a security manager or similar position.
- Law Enforcement of military experience preferred
- Experience with Genetec is highly preferred. Experience using relevant technology and equipment.
- Proven effective and efficient project management experience; including the ability to manage a project schedule and budget.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety and security systems procedures. Proven ability to identify, assess, and address safety and environmental protection issues/hazards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Demonstrated excellence with planning, time-management, prioritization and successful execution of multiple simultaneous assignments.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate multiple tasks and support projects of varying complexity concurrently.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills. Proven ability to determine a problem’s root causes, identify short and long term solutions, anticipate patterns, and look beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications.
- Demonstrated ability to ask the right questions and to think through interdependencies of processes.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Capable of listening and obtaining clarification, adapting approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs and provide excellent customer service to a wide range of internal customers.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team; capable of effectively interacting with professional staff.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at various levels within the organization.
- Able to respectfully challenge the status quo and recommend change.
- Proven ability to work under firm deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain steady professionalism throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to progressive start-up environments.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided