Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a Lead Security Engineer to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, with its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity.
How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for NorthAmerica in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running. We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and ideas to make our teams even stronger as we grow our teams globally.
In fact, we were named a 2021 Top Workplace USA (Energage) as the top technology firm to work in our size category, were recognized as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com), and most recently were certified as a 2021 Great Place to Work (Great Places to Work Institute, Canada). Arctic Wolf believes in corporate responsibility, and our worldwide offices proudly participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
The Security Engineer role is responsible for the implementation and operation of security technology used in the protection of Arctic Wolf. This role will work within our Information Security Engineering team to deploy and operationalize technical security capabilities.
- Implement and configure off-the-shelf security technologies in the Arctic Wolf internal environment.
- Create technical approaches to implementing security control technologies.
- Continually strive for improved integration between technologies to enhance capabilities from existing investments.
- Build. Run. Retire. Repeat.
- Contribute to a world-class security program that supports Arctic Wolf’s tremendous growth.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related technical field; or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in security or infrastructure engineering Including assessing and escalating to vendors for troubleshooting purposes.
- Good experience in deploying security technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, content filters, Anti-Malware, EDR, etc.
- Good experience with setup and administration of Linux systems.
- Some experience of software development, scripting, and API integration.
- Good familiarity with cloud infrastructures, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) considered a strong plus
Environment and Physical Demands:
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature and can be executed sitting or standing positions in an office environment.
- Requires ability to utilize technology related to using a keyboard, verbal communication, and work with device screens which require visual acuity.
- If located in a company office, often requires the mobility to physically navigate the space.
- In the event of business travel, mobility sufficient to utilize public and private transport and navigate to essential locations.
- May include moving or lifting of 25 pounds or less (e.g. office chair, reams of paper).
- Typically 10% or less of business travel
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information.
- Background checks are required for this position
At Arctic Wolf, we recognize that success comes from delighting our customers. We believe in being lean – in constantly building, measuring, and learning in all aspects of our business. We truly value people. All wolves are welcome to join the Arctic Wolf pack, with compelling compensation packages, benefits, and equity for employees.
Arctic Wolf is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We review all applications.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. As such, we strive to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided