Senior Cloud Architect
If you are passionate about technology, have an active TS/SCI clearance, and want to build a successful career in cloud, cyber, and machine learning, Ampsight is interested in you.
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Architect with an active TS/SCI clearance. The Architect will work on a high-performance agile team with other talented engineers, architects, and data scientists to design and integrate systems, create cutting-edge solutions optimized for Amazon Web Services (AWS), and provide hands-on cloud, analytics and machine learning consulting services to defense and intelligence customers in the federal government.
Candidates that possess a solid understanding of AWS services and solutions who have years of hands-on experience creating secure, resilient, and elastic systems for AWS and C2S/C2E are preferred.
· Conducting architecture trade studies, assessments, and prototyping;
· Developing cloud architectures and solutions;
· Conducting capability assessments and developing cloud migration strategies;
· Optimizing systems and capabilities for performance and scale in the AWS cloud
· Leading developers during implementation
· Strong experience designing, configuring, and optimizing AWS cloud infrastructure;
· A profound understanding of security principles;
· Extensive experience leading troubleshooting, capacity planning, systems analysis, and performance analysis activities;
· 5+ years of experience with Linux/Unix development;
· Extensive experience writing production-quality code in multiple languages (+1 for Scala, Python, Go or any functional language);
· Experience with DevOps;
· In-depth knowledge of infrastructure operations and principles;
· Experience designing systems architecture to achieve the right balance of performance, risk, and cost;
· Solid written and oral communication skills;
· A desire to lead, mentor and coach engineers;
· Skills leading agile development teams
· At least one AWS Certification
· 13+ years of experience designing & developing software systems
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical field (+1 for advanced degree)
· An active TS/SCI clearance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Salary: $150000 - $200000
- Citizenship: Top Secret
- Incentives: Stock Options
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Hybrid Telecommute