KUDO is a New York based startup providing a language as a service platform enabling video conferencing with live language translation. Our expertise covers streaming real-time language interpretation to client’s web meetings and live conferences and keeps participants engaged no matter where they are. KUDO is revolutionizing the conferencing and language service industry, seeking to break through all geographic and language barriers impeding multilingual communication. We seek to create connections and allow people and businesses to work together from anywhere, at any time, and in any language. KUDO is a young startup that was founded in 2017. We are growing quickly with numerous multinational enterprise clients. If our mission resonates with you, please check us out at kudoway.com
While KUDO is headquartered in New York City, our team is globally distributed and culturally diverse with employees spanning across all corners of the world. We have teams, partners, and customers across North America, Europe, Asia, and South America.
We are eagerly seeking talented individuals to join us in our mission to overcome language and geographic barriers around the world. If our mission resonates with you, we highly encourage you to apply!
As a junior cybersecurity engineer, you will be a direct contributor to information security and compliance initiatives undertaken by the information security department at KUDO. Reporting directly to the Chief Information Security Officer and working closely with other InfoSec team members, you will work with internal and external stakeholders during audit preparation/readiness activities. You will coordinate logistics and interface with infrastructure and engineering teams to facilitate security assessments conducted by 3rd party penetration test teams. You will support KUDO InfoSec in various capacities during security due diligence response engagements.
Primary Responsibilities (What You’ll Do)
· Work with internal stakeholders to ensure that user awareness training is conducted for all new hires upon onboarding.
· Assist InfoSec in conducting security due diligence on KUDO vendors and service providers.
· Work with various internal stakeholders and business units to collect and submit relevant compliance evidence prior to and during audits.
· Participate in customers' and business prospects’ due diligence response process by KUDO InfoSec.
· Document, analyze, and help streamline InfoSec processes as needed.
· Work with external security assessors to facilitate assessment engagements.
· Support InfoSec during the incident response process.
· Work with the technology team as directed (in an advisory role), to assure of incorporation of security requirements and best practices into their processes.
· Monitor automated security alerts communicated to InfoSec and escalate as needed.
Requirements (Who You Are)
· Familiarity with general security principles and best practices.
· Familiar with risk management methodologies and risk response strategies.
· Familiar with software development processes and cloud computing basics in general.
· Problem solver with the ability to multi-task as needed.
· Good communication skills, written and verbal.
· Solid organizational and project management skills.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision on projects from start to finish.
· Availability primarily during US Eastern time zone (EST) to work with InfoSec team members.
· Experience with SOC, ISO 27001, and FedRAMP frameworks/standards and audit requirements.
· Experience with vulnerability and patch management best practices.
· Experience with incident response and contingency planning.
· Understanding of shared security responsibilities between cloud service providers and service consumers.
· Deep understanding of privacy principles, and general GDPR requirements.
What We Offer
✅ An opportunity to work at a mission-driven organization where your efforts directly help break down language barriers.
✅ The experience of working with an incredibly diverse and international team spread across 20+ countries.
✅ An open and transparent company culture where individual and overall company performance is talked about and shared.
✅ A front-row seat at seeing what a growing team and business looks like.
✅ Remote company setting with autonomy, flexibility, and great benefits including annual learning and development reimbursement, generous PTO, and setting you up with the hardware you need upon joining KUDO.
The principles of diversity and inclusion are essential to the success of KUDO. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity in our employees, and we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
KUDO will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Our "Remote" positions may be done in the region they are posted in with the exception of Colorado due to local Colorado posting requirements.