***ASSOCIATE CORPORATE COUNSEL – PRIVACY & SECURITY***
Remote U.S.-based Role
The purpose of this role is to drive revenue for Altera by assisting the privacy and security legal team with contracting and negotiating business associate, info security and data processing agreements associated with customer and vendor contracts.
This role offers a great learning experience and lots of exposure. You’ll develop your knowledge and skills while being supported and mentored along the way. Lots of work to be done!
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, review/red-line privacy and security provisions, BAAs, ISAs or DPAs associated with our client and vendor contracts.
- Initially work with internal legal counsel to negotiate contracts with vendors and customers. Progress to independently negotiating agreements with clients over time.
- Provide legal support to our sales and business organizations through drafting various types of agreements as required. Ensure that their requirements are included in the contract.
- Reviewing and analyzing privacy and security due diligence as part of the vendor risk management process.
- Serve as an advisor to the sales and business organizations to advise on legal issues facing their business and processes to minimize Altera’s’ exposure and risk.
- Effectively explain privacy and other legal and regulatory principles to internal and external clients.
- Interface with various internal business groups to ensure contract documents are drafted correctly.
- Bachelor’s degree and JD (must be from an accredited law school)
- Admitted to at least one state bar in the United States
- IAPP certified, preferred.
- 1-5 years’ experience practicing law with strong preference for health or privacy law.
- Background in privacy and security or strong interest in this area of the law
- Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts
- Negotiation experience with vendors, clients, and partners
- Experienced in supporting a sales organization preferred.
- Technology transaction experience within the healthcare industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of commercial transactions preferred
- Prior exposure to IT and intellectual property issues in software technology services sector preferred.
- Knowledge of general corporate and compliance issues.
- Remote role. Standard work week or as defined by assignment requirements.
- May require after-hours, on-call support and/or holidays.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided