New Era Technology is a global technology solutions provider with 4,500+ employees and offices around the world. New Era offers Cloud, Managed, Professional, and Security services, and delivers Collaboration, Data Networking, Digital Transformation, and Physical & Life Safety solutions to more than 14,500 customers worldwide.
We are looking for team members to contribute to and deliver our mission: “To deliver and support technology solutions that securely connect people, places, and information.” New Era Technology is a community of like-minded, like-hearted people who share the same vision and values.
Work alongside the finest team of highly skilled and industry-certified professionals who are encouraged to drive change and think outside of the box. As a team member, you will receive competitive benefits, industry training, and certifications. New Era Technology empowers businesses to embrace the future workplace. As customers shift their perspectives on where and how work happens, we are there to meet them with flexible, resilient, and productive solutions.
New Era Technology provides a team-oriented culture, a positive environment filled with an incredible staff, and a genuine passion for providing the best service to our customers worldwide. We believe that investing in our employees is the key to professional growth, delivering exceptional experiences for our customers, and setting the standard for excellence in our field.
We offer a growth-orientated, high-tech environment for employees. Along with our many benefits, you can expect a corporate culture that promotes personal and professional development. Our customer-focused teams are built on our core values: Community, Integrity, Agile, and Committed.
We currently have a need for a Network Security Manage to manage a team of Network Security Engineers for Global Network Infrastructure environments. The ideal candidate will have 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience in Security and must have prior managerial experience. Global Financial Services, Pharmaceutical, or Healthcare experience is strongly preferred.
- Managing security projects, working with Network Services/Engineering managers for infrastructure support in migrating, decommissioning, and expanding locations.
- Manage a team of approximately 10 security engineers full-time & contractors.
- Engage with vendors such as F5 Inc, Gigamon, Palo Alto, Fortinet, and Cisco to create BOMs and review enterprise agreements in support of strong partnerships.
- Manage ticketing system to meet requests under review of change management and leadership approvals.
- Engage in project scope deliverables for both the Network Security (internal) team scope and organizational enterprise project management support.
- Design, configure, administer, and document firewall infrastructure, working with Palo Alto, Cisco, Fortinet
- Manage the firewall deployment, rules migrations, and firewall administration
- Responsible for converting existing rule base onto new platforms
- Fully versed in the syntax of security platforms, and rule verification
- Engineering experience designing and deploying large scale LAN/WAN networks
- Insure that notification is sent to all Stakeholders for required changes/upgrades
- Represent the changes at the weekly change review meetings and update network diagrams and all other applicable documents.
- Create standard deployment and support documentation to be handed over to the network operations group
- Review technical requirements for the Firewall Infrastructure
- Develop design and system configuration based on technical requirements
- Recommend enhancements/changes to system design as appropriate
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in related technical/business areas
- At least 5 years’ experience designing, deploying, configuring, and administering Firewalls, preferably Cisco, Palo Alto, and Fortinet
- Hands on experience with network protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, RIP, VLAN, TCP/IP, etc)
- Experience securing a large inter network establishing and enforcing policies and monitoring access.
- DNS, DHCP & IPAM (DDI) protocols and security (Basic DNS and DHCP concepts, IPAM, IP addressing, VLANs). Infoblox experience a plus
- HTTP/S proxy servers and security (web proxy, HTTP protocol knowledge, troubleshooting, browser interaction, web security, filtering/authentication) Bluecoat experience a plus.
- Implementation and use of load balancers F5, BIG-IP, 3-DNS to manipulate, optimize and control network traffic.
- Gigamon SSL Decryption deployments for egress inspection
- Preferably certified in Cisco, Palo Alto or Fortinet
- Experience working in large enterprise networks is desired. The ability to work under pressure and interface with senior management will be key to these roles.
This position is onsite 5 days a week in NYC and pays a salary $160k-185k a year.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided