The role will include managing a team of analysts, communicating with clients to get their requirements, and ensuring the quality of customized reports, slides, and briefings. While this is a manager position, the manager will probably also be required to conduct some individual contributor work, to include report research writing, analysis, and briefing as the workload requires.
Well-suited candidates will excel at identifying the most relevant information to highlight to customers, analyzing information from the vantage point of a particular customer’s needs, and working with analysts to deliver the best products possible within the time constraints. The candidate should be comfortable working directly with clients to understand their cyber threat concerns and to set expectations for deliverables. The candidate should also be able to manage analysts’ projects, so they are delivered on time and meet the agreed-upon specifications.
- Manage a team of analysts to foster their career development, hold them accountable for their work, build on their strengths, and manage their workload of assigned projects.
- Interact with customers to learn about their needs, communicate how we will support them, answer their cyber intel questions, and respond to their feedback.
- Review each product to ensure it is high-quality and meets customers’ requirements.
- Convey both verbally and in writing the importance of findings while having client concerns top of mind.
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure relevant stakeholders are informed about project developments.
- B.S. or B.A. in a relevant field or 7 years of relevant experience (e.g. intelligence studies, computer science, information security, international relations, communications, etc.)
- Strong communication skills with clear and concise writing; ability to build a compelling and effective narrative
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer-oriented attitude
- Basic understanding of technical and cyber security concepts
- Strong editing skills for structure, flow, content, as well as grammar and spelling
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage a virtual team
- Must be able to conduct a writing sample exercise during the interview process
- Prior experience working in cyber threat intelligence
- Prior experience managing people
- Prior experience managing projects
- Strong interest and experience in a client-facing role
- Prior experience producing actionable reports
As a U.S. federal contractor, Mandiant has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to comply with our obligations under applicable laws and requirements. This position may be covered under Mandiant’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, as required in order to support federal contracts, access company offices and/or attend in-person meetings and work events. If covered under this policy, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 may be required as a condition of hire.
At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based role that must be located in the East or Central Region of the US
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Full Telecommute