Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) and OCI's Offensive Security group is looking to hire a red team manager and leader. This role is for a hands-on leader to drive the Offensive Security Red Team and testing efforts for Oracle's suite of public cloud services. We're looking for someone with expertise in leading a group of hackers that operate in a distributed, multi-tenant service infrastructure.
Location(s): Portland, OR / Seattle, WA
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service. We operate distributed systems at a high scale, worldwide. These are the foundation of our cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with a best-in-class and ever-expanding set of cloud-based services.
This role is for a hands-on leader to drive the Offensive Security Red Team and testing efforts for Oracle's suite of public cloud services. We're looking for someone with expertise in leading a group of hackers that operate in a distributed, multi-tenant service infrastructure.
The OCI Offensive Security group conducts security assessments, hardware security research, and operates our red team. We ensure the security of software and hardware that run our cloud infrastructure, and strive to continuously improve our security stance. The OCI Offensive Security does not try to fit people into predefined roles, but rather works as a team. We bring together the right people who can enhance the capability of the team, and build roles around the person's skills and interests.
These are exciting times in our space. We are growing fast, still at an early stage and working on ambitious new initiatives. A security-focused engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact. Come shape the future of one of the largest clouds on earth with us.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate leader about security and furthering their knowledge every day as well as their team. We hope you like working at scale as much as we do much as we do, because OCI has no shortage of it.
This leader must be able to critically examine an organization and system through the perspective of a threat actor and articulate risks in clear, precise terms. Our ideal candidate has previous experience working in the cloud/hardware industry and is excited to train, coach, and supervise a team of scary smart hackers.
- Leading a diverse set of personalities and talent
- Understanding the importance of a healthy and supportive team culture
- Manage and lead the performance of technical security assessments, including:
- Red team operations and end-to-end engagements
- Developing improvements to current attack infrastructure and security tools
- Identify vulnerabilities across OCI services
- Guiding effective remediations and fixes in our platforms
- Effectively communicate to anyone in the organization, from the most technical operator to senior leadership
- Demonstrate proficiency with the common tools associated with conducting red-team operations.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of distributed networks, major operating systems and their associated peripherals
- Demonstrate and socialize knowledge of tactics, techniques, and procedures associated with malicious insider activity, organized crime/fraud groups and both state and non-state sponsored threat actors (e.g supply chain attacks).