HEAD OF SECURITY
WE EXIST TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF ATHLETES AND TEAMS
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimize athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Head of Cybersecurity to lead the cybersecurity efforts of our publicly traded Sports Technology company. As the Head of Cybersecurity, you will play a pivotal role in safeguarding our SaaS platform. Corporate infrastructure, and the data of some of our top clients- the world's premiere athletes. You will be building and leading a team of cybersecurity professionals, developing and implementing security strategies, and ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations. This is a hybrid role with presence in our Boston, MA office.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Execute a robust cybersecurity strategy tailored to the unique challenges of a SaaS environment.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards (such as ISO 27001) and regulatory requirements (such as GDPR) relevant to Company operations.
- Lead, mentor, and manage a global team of cybersecurity experts, overseeing their activities and professional growth.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, product management, and operations, to embed security practices throughout the software development lifecycle, partnering with Engineering and advise on security assessments (dynamic testing, static testing, code review, etc.) and threat modeling of Catapult products, services, and associated cloud infrastructure
- Implement and monitor security controls, including but not limited to access management, data encryption, network segmentation, and intrusion detection/prevention systems.
- Conduct regular risk assessments and vulnerability assessments, identifying potential threats and recommending mitigation strategies.
- Monitor and manage security alerts and incidents, investigate breaches, and coordinate incident response activities as necessary.
- Stay updated on emerging cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities, and best practices, and adapt security measures accordingly.
- Collaborate with third-party vendors and partners to assess their security posture and ensure alignment with our security standards.
- Develop and deliver cybersecurity training and awareness programs for employees, promoting a culture of security consciousness.
- Prepare and present cybersecurity reports to senior management, conveying risks, trends, and mitigation efforts.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Industry-recognized certifications, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
- Proven experience in a cybersecurity role, with 5+ years in a managerial capacity, preferably within a SaaS or cloud computing environment.
- Strong understanding of SaaS architecture, cloud security principles, and best practices.
- Knowledge of SaaS-specific compliance requirements and privacy regulations.
- Familiarity with security frameworks such as NIST Cybersecurity Framework and CIS Controls.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate across technical and non-technical teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated track record of managing security incidents and driving incident response efforts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to evolving cybersecurity challenges.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance. Our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.
All offers of employment are subject to Catapult's positive prehire check. To find out more, please contact the Talent Partner for this role
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided