The European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA) is an EU Agency that provides safe and secure European satellite navigation services and supports other European projects, such as Galileo, the European Geostationary Navigation Overlay Service (EGNOS), Copernicus, and the Governmental Satellite Communications (GOVSATCOM) data and services, and the Space Surveillance and Tracking (SST). Through these projects, EUSPA enhances European autonomy in space technologies, fosters innovation and creativity, supports European transport net and agriculture, all while contributing to sustainable growth as well as the security and safety of the European Union. For more information on the EUSPA and the EU Space Programme, click here.
EUSPA offers a diverse multicultural workplace that welcomes all applicants without distinction on any grounds of gender, race, ethnic or social origin, nationality, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, birth, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, marital status or other family situation. EUSPA wishes to employ competent talents and be representative of the diversity of the EU citizens and is committed to provide the best working conditions and benefits to its staff.
About the ICT and Facility Management Department
The Information and Communication Technology and Facility Management (ICT & FM) Department plays a key role in the management of the Agency ICT systems, as well as the Agency’s facilities and logistics in a number of EU Member States.
The Head of ICT & FM Department supports the business needs of the Agency from technical and organisational standpoints through leading and managing the Department and activities of the Agency.
The position requires permanent relocation to the Agency’s headquarters in the heart of Europe – Prague – a location with excellent connections to numerous major European cities. The capital of the Czech Republic, in the banks of the Vltava River, is famous for its cultural life, renowned musical life, historic buildings, magical bridges, and recognised museums and monuments.
Head of the ICT and Facility Management Department
The Agency is looking for Head of the ICT & FM Department who will be responsible for ensuring the definition and implementation of the Agency’s ICT strategy, as well as the sites and facilities strategy, and for proposing their evolution to meet the evolving needs of the Agency, whilst providing optimal support to the Agency with a strong emphasis on optimal resource utilisation, and sound financial, budgetary and technical management.
The successful candidate will also contribute to the orientation of the Agency as a whole and to the elaboration and implementation of its strategy.
Specifically, the main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Lead and manage the ICT & FM Department, including managing Department staff, organisation, job design and work procedures;
• Ensure the Agency’s business needs are achieved as per the ICT & FM Department’s mission and tasks;
• Develop and implement procedures adequate to protect the information against the threats and vulnerabilities identified, in line with the standards and policies developed by the Security Authority;
• Act as a system owner for Agency corporate ICT systems processing unclassified and classified information (up to S-UE/EU-S); this includes responsibility for cyber security and cyber defence of the systems where the department exercises the role of ‘system owner’;
• Complement the Agency operational ICT activities (non-corporate, contributing to the EU Space Programme) on an ad-hoc basis, including support to deployment, operations and on demand maintenance support of specific ICT systems;
• Oversee and ensure consistency in the planning, efficient utilisation and maintenance of the Agency’s offices and facilities, in particular in Prague HQ, GSMC France, GSMC Spain, and GRC Netherlands, ensuring compliance with applicable health & safety requirements, including the management of the logistical aspects of the Agency’s sites and offices;
• Manage the development of the Agency sites to meet future needs;
• Ensure that the entrusted Agency building systems and facilities around Europe (security systems, heating, air-conditioning, power generators) are operating with the optimal performance, availability and reliability according to the technical specifications, operating procedures and security regulations;
• Support the infrastructure needs of operational departments operating in Agency facilities, in particular for the facilities hosting the ICT systems belonging to the EU Space Programme;
• Develop and maintain operational processes and procedures compliant with the ISO 9001 standard and with EMAS (Eco-Management and Audit Scheme) standard, and ensure that the system and process documentation is accurate, complete and up-to-date;
• Ensure execution of projects for the preparation and maintenance of buildings, moveable equipment installation, evolution of ICT systems, data processing and telecommunications;
• Coordinate and implement the ICT & FM part of business continuity planning in particular with respect to disaster recovery planning for ICT systems and for the operational datacentres;
• Be the Agency’s point of contact for Health and Safety matters;
• Ensure the selection of service providers for ICT & FM activities and the proper management and execution of the respective contracts and agreements, in particular for Prague HQ, GSMC France, GSMC Spain and GRC;
• Contribute to the effective and efficient implementation of Agency’s quality and internal control framework in ICT & FM;
• Maintain and develop a customer service-oriented culture;
• Contribute to the corporate tasks of the Agency, notably in the area of Administration and Operations, to ensure the execution of related corporate tasks, such as planning, reporting, administration, financial & budget management, risk management.
Professional experience and expertise
1. At least two years of experience in leading multi-functional teams;
2. Experience in managing multiple projects in complex and/or multi-site environments;
3. Experience in the management and operation of ICT systems and their security;
4. Experience with ICT systems handling and processing (EU) classified information is an advantage;
5. Experience in facilities management and operations;
6. Experience in financial, procurement and contract management, preferably accompanied by knowledge of the applicable EU policies and legislation;
7. Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
8. Motivation for the post;
9. Efficient communication;
10. Ability to negotiate;
11. Collaborative leadership and people management skills (leading and inspiring others);
12. Outstanding cooperative, practical, solution-driven and service-oriented attitude;
13. Strategic thinking, prioritising and planning.
What we offer
Staff is entitled to annual leave of two working days per each complete calendar month of service plus additional days for the grade, age, home leaves for expatriates and an average of 16 EUSPA public holidays per year.
Special leave is granted for certain circumstances such as marriage, moving, elections, birth or adoption of a child, serious sickness of spouse, etc.
The pension scheme provides a very competitive pension after a minimum of 10 years of service and reaching the pensionable age. Pension rights acquired in one or more national schemes before starting to work at EUSPA may be transferred into the EU pension system.
EUSPA’s benefits include an attractive Health insurance: staff is covered 24/7 and worldwide by the Joint Sickness Insurance Scheme (JSIS). Staff is insured against sickness, accident and occupational disease, and could be entitled to unemployment and to invalidity allowances.
EUSPA aims at creating and maintaining a supportive and healthy work environment that enables staff members to have balance between work and personal responsibilities, for example through flexible working time arrangements.
EUSPA also offers a wide range of training courses to develop staff members’ personal skills and keep in touch with the latest developments in their field. The training and professional development opportunities are attuned to the career plan and requirements of the departments.
Deadline for applications: 22.02.2024 11:59 AM (GMT+2)
See the full vacancy here.
- Salary: $8480 - $12305
- Citizenship: Eu Citizenship
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Masters Degree
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided