XOR Security is looking for a dynamic Infrastructure Security Engineer who is proficient in Linux administration (using the CLI) and is passionate about security. The candidate should be knowledgeable in a broad foundation of technologies. Key to the execution of the vision is collaboration, communication, and education. The Infrastructure Security Engineer will learn to serve as an expert in diverse domains and engage participants throughout the federated environment to provide technical leadership. This position provides a full range of cyber security services on a contract in Baltimore, MD. The position is full time/permanent and will support a US Government civilian agency. The position is available immediately upon finding a qualified candidate with the appropriate background clearance.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience plus ~3 years of experience in systems engineering or advanced systems administration
- Proven teamwork skills
- Ability to take responsibility and initiative
- Strong communications and technical skills
- A strong baseline in networking fundamentals
- Proficiency in Linux server administration via CLI
- A baseline knowledge of Security tools and best practices
- 2-3 years of Linux server administration experience
- 2-3 years of virtualization Experience (e.g., AWS, VMware ESXi)
- Working knowledge of LAN, WAN, and security concepts.
- Knowledge of storage technologies (direct attached, SAN, NAS)
- Knowledge of enterprise endpoint security, and enterprise endpoint detection and response solutions (such as CrowdStrike, McAfee, and Trend Micro)
- Good time management with an ability to work on a number of projects and tasks
- Ability to work independently, and to escalate to senior engineers when appropriate.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Additional Experience Preferred:
- Understanding of Splunk distributed architecture and proficiency with Splunk SPL commands
- Knowledge of Security tools (e.g., FireEye, Bro, Suricata, SNORT)
- Knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, Content filters
- Knowledge of IP security implementation, multi-vendor IPS/IDS, URL filtering, SIEM
- Knowledge of MPLS, BGP, and Internet Exchange Peering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in deploying monitoring solutions
- Experience in medium/large corporate network support
- A strong enthusiasm for technology
- Participating in the planning, tracking, scheduling, and executing of project tasks and general Security Engineering operations activities.
- Administering and maintaining site infrastructure
- Diagnosing, resolving, and documenting problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Basic troubleshooting of network-related issues.
- Delivering assigned operational and project commitments to customers, utilizing the entire customer team as necessary and as agreed upon with the Project Lead.
- Researching software and equipment.
- Maintaining technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Establishing solutions by providing support in the areas of design, engineering, and implementation of systems with high reliability and availability.
- Analyzing short term and long-term capacity needs for infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting problems and outages
- Scheduling and performing upgrades
- Collaborating with other engineers, and with non-technical audiences.
- Researching, and evaluating new technologies, security software, or devices.
- Providing subject matter expertise to other teams
- Creating and maintaining technical documents for solutions and standard operating procedures.
- Working independently and exercising reasonable judgment with little supervision while providing clear documentation of activities and accomplishments
- Interacting closely with peers and management across all functional team
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided