Collectors is building the future of how collectors find, buy, authenticate, track & research collectibles - from sports cards, coins, and video games to Pokemon cards. With industry leading services as our foundation and the creativity of our employees, Collectors is leading the way to a tech-forward and modern collectibles industry.
The Collectors family of companies includes leaders in third-party authentication and grading services such as PSA (sports and trading cards), PCGS (coins), WATA (video games), and CardLadder, a comprehensive analytics and financial tracking of sports cards.
We’re looking for a motivated, full time Security Officer who is able to work a varied shift to join our Security team to help protect Collector’s personnel, property, and profits through detection, deterrence, and denial of unauthorized individuals, all while maintaining a secure environment and preserving the integrity of the company’s facilities and reputation. Our Security vigilance protects Collectors from exposure, damage to reputation and theft.
You’ll report to the Security Manager and work onsite from our Vault facility in New Castle, Delaware.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain a safe work environment for all personnel at Collectors - Vault
- Secure premises by patrolling and monitoring outside activity for suspicious persons and vehicles via closed circuit monitors
- Maintain authorized access by permitting entry and through CCTV surveillance with badge accessed door controls
- Open and secure the facility, make cursory checks and set appropriate alarms at the beginning and end of shifts
- Complete reports by recording observations, occurrences, and surveillance activities and reporting to local law enforcement (as needed)
- Facilitate movement of valuables to/from Vault as needed
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities and maintaining logs of delivered materials
- Contribute to security team’s efforts by accomplishing assigned related duties and adhering to service and operating standards
- Protect the company's assets relative to theft, assault, fire, and other safety issues
Who You Are:
- You analyze and use logic & reasoning to understand how a problem or conflict should be approached and resolved.
- You have a high level of integrity with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- You work well with others, are approachable in a tactful manner, and foster trusting interpersonal relationships.
- You exhibit the ability to influence others and provide insight and recommendations on ways to improve Security when appropriate.
- You provide exceptional customer service, and treat people fairly with respect and consideration.
- You have a keen sense of monitoring your environment and can manage any customer situation with professionalism.
- You make timely decisions and maintain composure in emergency response situations, while providing necessary assistance to employees and customers.
- You have great active listening skills, and can clearly communicate with a variety of individuals, both written and verbal.
- You have basic knowledge of using computers and know how to use Google products like: Gmail/Google Docs/Google Sheets/Google Drive.
- You have experience utilizing CCTV & Access Control systems
- Lift, carry, pull, and push boxes 65-70lbs or more
- Load, transport, and unload boxes
Experience / Certifications
- 1+ years of previous security experience is required
- High school graduate (required)
- Reserve/Former military (preferred)
- Police Officer experience (preferred)
- Must be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident
Reasons to Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided