Staff Security Architect
Location: San Diego, CA, Aliso Viejo, CA, San Mateo, CA or Remote
Do you want to help bring PlayStation technology to a worldwide audience? Are you passionate about securing infrastructure that constantly pushes the boundary of the gaming industry? Are you ready to work with innovative technology, talented engineers, and a dedicated security team? If so, join us!
This Security Architect will work on the latest innovative gaming systems, enabling PlayStation to innovate future technology of console, cloud gaming, and more. Responsive to changes in business and risk and being on the forefront of emerging technologies this individual will drive new and better solutions to industry security needs. This requires exceptional technical knowledge of security principles, wide breadth of knowledge with respect to other engineering fields and domains, sharp business insight, and outstanding communication skills.
By fully understanding business needs and assessing relative risk, the architect will drive projects accordingly, with high consideration for long-term supportability and automation of any recommended direction. This requires the ability to lead a multi-disciplined team of engineers from successful design to deployment of systems.
This Security Architect will focus on the Future Technology and Cloud Gaming business area and reports to the Director of Global Security Architecture.
- Understand security challenges for creating a multi-tenant-capable on-prem infrastructure and architect solutions to secure it
- Build secure cloud-native and on-prem hybrid applications using available cloud controls/products, third party products, and/or custom-developed systems
- Secure Docker containers, Kubernetes infrastructure; secure build and admin tooling (e.g Git, Jenkins, Chef)
- Proactively seek security gaps within current and projected business direction and orchestrate solutions to address those gaps
- Understand all phases of software development spanning design, development, deployment, and maintenance, and address and drive down security risks at all phases
- Design and contribute heavily to network security architecture including policies for firewalls, WAFs, network segmentation, VLANs, VPNs, and DoS/DDoS mitigation
- Understand security elements of standard and custom hardware design including secure key storage, trust zones, and hardware exploits; identify potential vulnerabilities and use hardware to mitigate security risks
- Design secure user and service authentication and authorization systems based on directory services, SAML, OAuth, x.509
- Leadership experience for security projects involving multi-disciplined teams
- Broad knowledge across multiple domains including web applications, database technologies, server applications, storage applications, hardware engineering, business intelligence, test/QA engineering, deployment operations
- Experience deploying, configuring, or administering cloud-based and docker-hosted environments, with special attention to security
- Extensive experience with security tools including key management systems, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, DMZ design, DDoS mitigation, and network segmentation
- Outstanding communication skills, especially with diverse audiences; excellent written skills
- Development experience in Python, C++, and/or Java
- B.S. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant system, product, and/or network security experience
The ideal candidate will have experience designing and securing multi-tenant systems and infrastructure, be a recognized security technologist (e.g. have patents, conference participation, teaching experience). An M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or equivalent is desired.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided