What You'll Be a Part Of:
ActionIQ is a leader in the massive and fast growing category of Customer Data Platforms (CDP). Our product brings order to Customer Experience (CX) chaos. ActionIQ’s CX Hub empowers everyone to be a CX champion by giving business teams the freedom to explore and take action on customer data, while helping technical teams regain control of where data lives and how it is used. We are backed by top-tier VCs Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and March Capital. Enterprise brands such as Autodesk, Bloomberg, Morgan Stanley, The Washington Post, Hertz, Atlassian and many more use our CX Hub to achieve growth through extraordinary customer experiences.
The Team You'll Join:
As our VP of Information Security, you will lead our Security, Compliance and IT teams at ActionIQ. The position reports to the CEO. This exciting opportunity contributes directly to our growth by promoting practices and technologies that strengthen our security, compliance, and IT strategies. To succeed in this role, you will partner and collaborate with our Product, Engineering, Legal, and Sales departments to participate in and influence the tactical projects that they are leading.
A year from now you will have:
- Developed a roadmap around security, compliance and IT goals and metrics
- Shared your strategy and expertise with our Prospects and Clients, helping move new sales opportunities forward while continuously doing more to protect our customers’ data
- Lead our annual auditing and certification processes
- Delivered annual security training to employee population, including ongoing testing to ensure compliance and security-awareness
How You'll Contribute:
- Manage a team of four employees across Security Engineering, Compliance, and IT.
- Implement security strategy and company-wide IT policies. Including: leading AIQ's initial and periodic risk assessment, mitigation and remediation, and our annual compliance and security trainings
- Thoughtfully engage with external auditors and vendors to ensure we have the certifications expected of a successful, high-growth SaaS company. Including: SOC 2 type II, GDPR and CCPA.
- Stand as the primary executive contact for all client related security and compliance questions.
- Evaluate security trends, evolving risks, vulnerabilities and opportunities
- Lead the investigation of all security incidents and the ActionIQ response, involving our legal team as needed
What You Bring:
- 7+ years' experience in IT, Security and Compliance including securing sensitive and important data, incident detection and response, SOC II and similar certifications
- 3+ years' experience leading a Security and Compliance team at an enterprise SaaS company. CISSP, CISM or SANS certification.
- Previous involvement with auditing, risk management, and vendor negotiation.
- Experience engaging with clients around security of their data
- Experience communicating and training security-related concepts to a broad employee base
Compensation and Benefits:
- Our compensation package includes base salary, stock options, and the great benefits shown below.
- The salary range for this role is: $275,000 - 300,000.
- Enjoy leading Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefits, Gym Reimbursement, flexible PTO and 12-weeks paid parental leave
- Get to work with a fun, inclusive, and smart team of people as we build a New York City based enterprise software company.
- We have a beautiful office right on Madison Square Park, and local employees come into the office three days a week (M, W, Th). Note, you would commute into the NYC office, on a hybrid schedule. #LI-Hybrid
- Office perks include catered lunches, a stocked kitchen with beverages and snacks, and monthly social hours.
- Learn more about the next chapter for us, our customers and the future of customer experience here.
- To find out more about our people and Life At AIQ, be sure to visit our Medium Tech and Life blogs.
ActionIQ is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunities for all applicants and want to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. AIQ welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided