An HP Cybersecurity Project Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the implementation of cybersecurity solutions for HP. This typically involves coordinating with various teams such as IT, Security, and Business to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
This position works with HP Cybersecurity and IT to secure and support the global IT enterprise. The successful applicant will possess strong analytical, cybersecurity, and project management skills.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Develop and maintain project plans, schedules, budgets, and resource allocation
- Work with cross-functional teams to define project scope, goals, and deliverables
- Identify and manage project risks and issues, and implement contingency plans as needed
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with project stakeholders, including business sponsors, project team members, and other relevant stakeholders
- Provide regular project status updates to stakeholders and senior management
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Ensure that all projects adhere to established security standards and guidelines
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments and trends in cyber security and project management
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key tactical leaders and business implementation leads. Uses deep business knowledge of multiple businesses or sub- domains to drive engagement for major IT initiatives. Influences overall IT and business planning; engages in strategic business planning where there is IT impact.
- Communicates tactical IT decisions and plans and works to achieve alignment with relevant areas of the business, function, or geography.
- Represents the needs of the business, function, or geography on an ongoing basis to maintain consistent plans between IT and the business.
- Identifies areas where the business, function, or geography can take advantage of standard IT solutions.
- Drives for adoption of standard solutions.
- Actively participates in IT projects to ensure that business, function, and geography "customers" are included appropriately and ensures that they receive sufficient and timely communications.
- Establishes IT processes which are consistent with overall organization objectives.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience.
- PMP/PMI certification is required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional written and verbal skills. Strong business experience in multiple business sub-domains. Strong relationship management skills. Excellent project management and process development skills.
- IT / Cybersecurity background required
- Strong working knowledge of Smartsheet.
- Detail-oriented; Life Learner; Growth Mindset; Team Player
HP is an equal opportunity employer: https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c08129225
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided