Skylo Technologies is hiring a Cloud & Security Engineer to join our Network Engineering and Planning team to implement Skylo's vision of building out a carrier-grade Satellite IOT network. This role will be highly cross-functional, working across the network engineering, wireless systems, and network operations teams. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who is interested to stretch themselves in their network domain, and see their work have immediate global impact in the wireless industry.
- Set the vision, develop the roadmap, implement and operationalize Skylo’s next-generation infrastructure services
- Design, size, and scale Skylo’s cloud infrastructure to host Skylo’s radio access network, core network, and associated billing and operational systems
- Design and specify KPI monitoring information on the health of Skylo’s Cloud infrastructure
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to deploy and configure Skylo’s cloud infrastructure and applications
- Manage Skylo’s cloud infrastructure and associated services vendors
- Coordinate and execute external security audits and penetration tests.
- Implement compliance to certifications like SOC2, NIST, ISO27001 and PCI DSS.
- Provide technical domain support to Skylo’s operations teams as required
- Provide detailed and quantifiable feedback to product engineering and product management teams to enhance network performance and quality
- Hold vendors accountable to SLAs on network performance and service quality
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related engineering equivalent experience
- Experienced with the challenges of infrastructure engineering and deployments in in-house data centers, public and private clouds
- Strong knowledge of data privacy concepts and leading data privacy legislations including GDPR and US Federal and State regulations and acts
- Deep experience with Virtualization and Containerization technologies. Excellent experience with VMWare, Kubernetes, Docker, Consul, Terraform and other cloud native tools for containerized management of micro-service deployments
- Experience in production monitoring and metrics reporting
- Experience securing cloud infrastructure and working with 3rd party auditing organizations
- Ability for occasional international travel
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided