Private equity funds have long been one of the most attractive investment opportunities, outperforming public market benchmarks, like the S&P 500. But these funds have also been difficult or impossible to access, especially for individuals. Onerous paperwork, high investment minimums (~€10m) and difficulty picking a fund have all been hurdles that kept individuals out. Access has always been dominated by institutions or a select few. Enter Moonfare.
Moonfare is revolutionising access to private equity using a fully digital platform that provides qualified investors access to selectively vetted top-performing funds within 15 minutes and at minimums as low as €50,000. Moonfare provides investors with innovative reporting and the potential to trade their stakes in funds using our Secondary Market. We are introducing never before seen transparency and liquidity to private equity, and with our ongoing expansion across key markets in Europe and Asia, we are enabling investors around the world to reach further.
The Moonfare team brings together individuals with a wealth of different backgrounds, from leading investment and private banks and private equity fund managers to disruptive tech startups, leading newspapers and top law firms. Moonfarians strive to keep growing and want to challenge the status quo while working as a team to deliver innovative solutions and the Moonfare vision.
Senior Application Security Engineer (m/f/d) - Berlin / Lisbon / Portugal
As the leading global platform for private equity investing, Moonfare are experiencing rapid growth and huge success. As growth and investments in the business increase, so will the need to ensure the integrity and security of our platform and systems. As an Application Security Engineer, you will be a pivotal part of the Moonfare Security team to protect our applications, data, cloud infrastructure, network and workstations. Specifically, you will own the application security processes. The aim is to build the best security program this country has seen. You will be working in a proper functioning and modern security environment.
As a senior member of the team, you will have high autonomy in your day-to-day work and you will be the owner of our application security controls. You will work closely with development and other tech teams to prioritise security issues and facilitate them with fixes, as well as with other members of the security team to respond and remediate issues before they become a problem. Changing the overall security culture within the development team and wider business by delivering security teach-ins and workshops is a shared responsibility that you will be helping to drive. Moonfare are looking to build a best in class security function and this role will be pivotal in that mission.
- Help evolve the Moonfare application security pipeline
- Perform code reviews and take an active role in architectural decisions
- Perform Threat Modelling with application owners
- Help manage the Bug Bounty program
- Build tooling to support teams in delivering secure and quality code
- Assist in the creation of security training and workshops
The next Moonfarian:
- Strong Pentest experience on web applications
- Curious, persistent and keen to build out robust security controls at Moonfare (Hacker Mindset)
- Experienced and comfortable working autonomously, as well as part of a cross-functional in-house security team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- An Evangelist and enthusiastic about security.
- Strong experience with AWS workloads
- Experience with security-oriented code reviews
- Experience in bug hunting, managing bug bounty and/or vulnerability disclosure programs
- Experience in web application development in at least one of these languages: PHP, Python, Go, NodeJs
- Knowledge of docker, k8s & AWS security services
- OSCP, OSWE, GWAPT, eWPT & eWPTX or similar
If you feel you do not meet all of the requirements, we still encourage you to apply!
Invest in yourself:
- Ownership: All team members are empowered to bring ideas, make decisions and have impact. Participate in our equity program and share in our success.
- Transparency: Everyone at Moonfare is regularly updated on strategic progress, KPI tracking, product updates and changes.
- Growth: Not only will you grow in your role, you also have access to an individual growth budget of €1,500 or 2% of base salary (whichever is higher).
- Diversity: Our Diversity Committee ensures we hold ourselves accountable and continuously improve our D&I initiatives.
We understand the important role that diversity plays in our success. Different backgrounds, experiences and ideas push us further and raise the bar. We’re committed to developing an inclusive and safe culture where everyone — regardless of colour, race, religion, sex, origin, sexuality, disability, marital status, citizenship or gender identity — knows that they are an integral part of the team and can bring their full potential to their work.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided