The Security Engineer's primary role is responsible for managing and responding to advanced security technology, including SIEM tools, network packet monitoring systems, intrusion detection systems, and database activity monitoring systems in complex environments.
This is a remote role in the US.
- Participate in the development of security policies and procedures, run books, and training materials for junior security engineers and security analyst.
- Accountable for the implementation of complex security systems including the integration of those systems into myriad operational products, hosting environments.
- Responsible for operations of threat detection and prevention tools, adjusting configurations to respond to a changing threat environment.
- Respond to alerts by tunning security systems in response to security attacks and alerts.
- Investigates security issues and breaches with other teams and drives recovery efforts to restore functionality.
- Represents security's interests in a broad range of business and IT projects and initiatives and works to ensure efficient collaboration and cooperation with other stakeholders. Works with stakeholders across the company to ensure they remain informed and engaged with security.
- Develops and carries out information security plans and policies, develops strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach, and implements mechanisms to reduce security threats.
- Works with governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field or equivalent/years of experience required.
- CISSP preferred
- 2-4 years relevant work experience
- 2-4 years experience tuning network devices - Palo Alto or Azure Firewall preferred
- 2+ year cloud computing, Azure preferred
- 2+ years operating and tuning SIEM tool
- 1+ year in a comparable security role
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Work is performed in a remote environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided