WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers 100,000+ businesses, including many top Fortune 500 companies who trust our secure collaboration platform to manage the entire content lifecycle.Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in UK, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box is looking for an engineer who has worked to onboard and optimize SAST, DAST and SCA tools. This engineer understands the various automated scanning methodologies and can build scanning tools, when needed. This person will onboard, optimize and automate testing solutions that scale the verification of security vulnerabilities with high quality output.
We’re looking for someone who can optimize output from security scanning tools to reduce false positives to enable high quality actionable vulnerability outputs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own and propose data-driven enhancement strategies for dynamic (DAST), static (SAST), open source application security testing (SCA), API security scanning and container security scanning including troubleshooting, and continuous process improvement
- Provide thought leadership in the areas of security tool automation, optimization, application vulnerability management and strategies for automated risk reduction
- Create architecture design for tool integrations and implement tooling within CI/CD pipeline, limit manual testing and troubleshooting
- Develop strategy to automate software security vulnerability verification within throughout the development process
- Build security scanning tools to automate discovery of vulnerabilities not available in existing tooling
- Analyze designs and implementation of security controls in Automated DevOps environments and pipelines
WHO YOU ARE
- You understand secure engineering best practices, can articulate problem statements and propose solutions to both technically savvy and non-technical audiences
- You are either a passionate security minded software engineer who has been part of building high quality applications and services, or you are an application security engineer who cares about secure software development
- You have a growth mindset, push yourself towards excellence and focus on continuous functional improvements
- You are a curious person who looks at problem statements and can clearly propose actionable solutions
- You have a passion for cyber security demonstrated through participation/leadership in conferences, webinars, Capture the Flag (CTF), TryHackMe, Bug Bounty, Submission of CVEs and/or personal projects
- Strong understanding of past, current, and emerging security exploits
- 4+ years previous experience in DevOps, DevSecOps, Application/Product Security or Application Development with a strong focus on security tool onboarding and optimization
- Knowledge of OWASP Top 10, Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST), Static Application Security Testing (SAST), and Threat Modeling tools
- Experience with security testing tools and devops integrations
- Experience with multiple languages such as Java, React, Node JS, PHP, Scala, C and/or Python
- Understand how to detect and prioritize Front End, API's, Microservices and Container vulnerabilities
- Familiar with common build/automation tooling: ex. Jenkins, GIT
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.
For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our Supplemental Personnel and Candidate Privacy Notice.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided