XOR Security is currently seeking a Cyber Security Engineer. Applies a broad understanding of monitoring, analyzing, detecting, and responding to cyber events and incidents within information systems and networks. Advises on an integrated, dynamic cyber defense and leverages cyber security solutions to deliver cyber security operational services, such as intrusion detection and prevention; situational awareness of network intrusions, security events and data spillage; and incident response actions. Test, implements, deploys, and operates, the infrastructure hardware and software which are required to effectively manage the organization’s cyber security operational services.
- Experience (installing, operating, maintaining) with cybersecurity systems, tools, and integrating data from sources, including Splunk, ElasticSearch, MISP, FireEye, Cisco Sourcefire, Palo Alto firewalls, Tanium, Snort, Bro, SolarWinds, NiFi, and RedSeal
- Provide hands-on O&M support for security tools (SIEM, endpoint security, firewalls, IDS/IPS, vulnerability assessment tools)
- Responsible for designing, deploying, and maintaining a distributed security architecture in support of critical missions.
- Develop, implement, and integrate enterprise, cybersecurity operations center, and endpoint security solutions in alignment with best practices and mission objectives.
- Maintain awareness of market and technology trends to bring new and best of breed solutions to the client.
- Apply leading-edge principles, theories, and concepts and contribute to the development of new principles and concepts to advance mission requirements.
- Apply/integrate cybersecurity engineering principles into infrastructure planning, design, and deployment
- Lead or participate in an Integrated Product Team review to ensure security architecture integration
- Generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, security architectures and design solutions
- Manage systems in an on-prem environment and support the migration efforts to the cloud (AWS)
- Leverage AWS services to support environment build-outs and security tool deployments
- Participate in automating processes, configurations and deployments
- Lead high-visibility projects such as security tool pilots and system implementations
- Coordinate among stakeholders to drive project success
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 8 years of general experience. With a relevant
Master’s degree, 6 years of relevant experience is acceptable. With a PhD, 4 years of relevant
experience is required.
- Education and training in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems,
Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited
college of university is required
- Expert knowledge in managing schedule, performance, and quality of the systems
- Experience in supporting the operations of a production enterprise application
- Ability to support control consistency and integrity monitoring and health checks of the
operating system and applications.
- Understanding of Government policies and terminology in support of security
- Proactive mindset and motivated to optimize security tools and improve processes
- Able to cross-train junior and mid-level engineers and provide escalation support
- Log management solutions (SIEM such as Splunk)
- Proficiency in Linux administration, troubleshooting and remediation
- Understanding of and familiarity with AWS service offerings, management options, and configuration methods
- Experience with enterprise endpoint security (CrowdStrike, Trend Micro)
- Authentication solutions (RSA, Okta)
- Vulnerability scanning tools (Tenable, DbProtect)
- Evaluation, design and integration of new and emerging technologies
- Documentation of architecture, procedures and inventory
- Systems engineering background with focus in security solutions integration
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided