MINT MOBILE is seeking a talented Cyber Security Engineer to join the Engineering Team! Individual reports to Senior Director, Cyber Security. Role is remote - must reside in the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Information Security Engineer, you’re an expert at evolving technology and possess a deep understanding of cybersecurity. You will provide expertise in malware analysis and will monitor security measures to protect the information infrastructure and business systems. You keep abreast of emerging technologies, understand the vulnerabilities of cyberattacks, and stay up-to-date on best security practices.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Monitor security posture using systems such as Tenable, Zerofox, Security Scorecard etc. Assess technical infrastructure and data to identify and remediate security vulnerabilities. (may include code security tools such as Veracode).
- Make use of data and alerting from corporate SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) (preferred: Exabeam), work to continuously improve visibility for the SIEM with your understanding of the application and underlying systems.
- Work with the team to manage company Firewalls, Web Application Firewalls and underlying systems.
- Conduct real-time and historical analysis of network traffic, systems, and application logs and correlate such to constantly improve security posture.
- Work as part of the incident response team to analyze, triage, document, escalate, remediate and report on security events, including investigation of anomalous activity, and responding to cyber incidents that affect the company environment.
- Respond to and remediate security alerts across multiple platforms and constantly work to improve security visibility with those platforms.
- Be a security evangelist by helping to develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Participate in Proof of Concepts and Proof of Values for tools that improve security cross functionally. This will include documentation and helping with the decision making process for senior leadership.
- Work with Legal and Compliance teams to provide comprehensive reports, including assessment-based findings, outcomes, lessons learned, and propositions for further system security enhancement.
- Closely work with cross functional technical personnel to ensure seamless and smooth InfoSec integration.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing security measures.
- Recommend security improvements based on assessments and threats.
- Take part in meetings to provide InfoSec perspectives (may require travel).
- Provide InfoSec KPIs and status to upper management.
- As part of the incident response team you will be required to participate in a 24x7 on call rotation with other team members.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Be a great teammate. We’re all working towards the same goal. We are excellent to each other!
- Self-motivated problem solver with an innate drive to improve security practices and efficiency.
- You are a network defender and are passionate about remediation of affected systems.
- Ability to learn quickly and continuously. Ability to assimilate new tools and concepts and then apply them quickly to secure the company.
- Cloud Security Experience (AWS preferred).
- Analytical and creative mindset to assess potential risks and possible solutions.
- Ability to clearly communicate incident investigations to upper management (written and verbally).
- Forward thinker, always one step ahead of cyber threats.
- Thorough understanding of networking concepts including OSI Model, TCP/IP, VPNs, HTTP/HTTPS, public/private key, DNS, Firewalls, Web Application Firewalls etc.
- Thorough understanding of IT systems and Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, Mac & virtualization technologies) (OTP, Encryption etc.) and Information systems/identity management (2FA/MFA, Okta, AD, oAuth, etc).
WE ARE MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, and vacation in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Mint!
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Mint Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Let your friend or colleague know to provide your full name and email when applying to the job. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email email@example.com.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
UVNV, Inc. has adopted a mandated vaccination policy to support the health and safety of our team members and our community. The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated. The Company will provide accommodations based on medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices. Please let us know if you’d like to discuss the policy or available accommodations before proceeding with our recruitment process.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualification, experience, ability, and job performance.
In support of the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the range of starting pay for this role is $120,000 - $140,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, education, certifications, responsibility, and geographic location. We also offer a variety of benefits including health, disability insurance, 401 (k), flexible spending accounts, EAP, education reimbursement, parental leave, unlimited vacation, bonuses, and company paid holidays. The specific programs available will vary depending on state, start date, and employment type. Our recruitment team will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided