At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter.
Technology is one of the most important parts of our business. Whether it’s signing up new artists; ensuring we provide the right data to Spotify, YouTube, and other digital service providers; or helping artists use the latest AI tools and make thoughtful decisions with data-driven insights – technology plays an invaluable role in our success. The engineering team at Warner Music Group makes all of it a reality.
Global team of dynamic, creative and collaborative problems solvers working together to build highly secure and scalable solutions to drive innovation and operational excellence. This represents a technical and experienced position in the IT organization. This position will be called upon to represent IT organizations by internal and external organizations. An individual in this position is responsible for making the production systems more reliable by performing day-to-day operations including system monitoring, troubleshooting, problem identification, resolution and restoral following established and documented procedures and with minimal direction. This group is the digital thought and technology collective working with world class creative Media & Entertainment executives and their teams; acting as the trusted operators and strategic partners with them to deliver the best possible outcomes.
This is an opportunity to move the needle and make a significant impact within a large global enterprise. Responsibilities include coordinating projects and resources as new business offerings and technologies are developed and implemented within Warner Music Group. Requires excellent communication and technical skills, while working closely with all business units within Warner Music Group in determining design criteria and proof of concept as they relate to each business offering. Other functionality includes acting as engineering liaison to outside engineering entities, project budget management, and vendor management. Collaborate, design and implement ideas with business leaders from whiteboard to digital delivery and be a true partner with our business leaders. Recognize that as a Service Organization we’re there to partner and steward the organization to operate efficiently, drive revenue and manage risk
- Develop and maintain a security architecture process that enables the enterprise to develop and implement security solutions and capabilities that are clearly aligned with business, technology and threat drivers
- Participate in application and infrastructure projects to provide security-planning advice
- Hands on experience with the ability to refine baseline security configuration standards for operating systems (e.g., OS hardening), network segmentation, and identity and access management (IAM)
- Direct experience on security configurations, including firewalls, IPSs, WAFs and anti-malware/endpoint protection systems
- Have driven vulnerability testing of enterprise services and applications, assess results, prioritize, and coordinate remediation efforts with colleagues
- Ability to execute and leverage SIEM platform for conducting forensic security investigations and identifying potential indicators of compromise (IOCs). Develop and use advanced, customized tools and scripts to enhance security assessments and proactive alerting
- Review all security reports and logs for unusual or anomalous activities
- Liaise with the vendor management (VM) team to conduct security assessments of existing and prospective vendors, especially those with which the organization shares intellectual property (IP), as well as regulated or other protected data
- Review all existing and new security technologies, tools and services, and make recommendations to the broader infrastructure team
- Participated and have led information security related incident response activities
- Stay abreast of information security events, news, trends and evolving legislative/regulatory changes
- 8+ years hands-on network administration using the following skills:
- Direct, hands-on experience or strong working knowledge of managing security infrastructure — e.g., firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPSs), web application firewalls (WAFs), endpoint protection, SIEM, DLP (Data Loss Prevention) and log management technology
- Direct experience managing and working with Security Operations Centers
- Direct, hands-on experience or a strong working knowledge of vulnerability management tools
- Documented experience and a strong working knowledge of the methodologies to conduct threat-modeling exercises on new applications and services
- Scripting – PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.
- CI/CD pipeline DEVSECOPS experience
- Cloud experience (AWS/Azure)
- Regulations, Standards and Frameworks
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS)
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF)
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2023 Warner Music Inc.
Links to relevant documents:
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.